“A vegetarian gem in Guanajuato”
Review of Centro Bharati

Centro Bharati
Ranked #53 of 254 Restaurants in Guanajuato
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Centro Bharati is located in the heart of Guanajuato, Gto, Mexico, as a platform to bring about a natural and progressive awareness of the self. This beautiful cultural center offers the following services. International Fusion Cuisine. Whole Wheat and Homemade Breads. Clothing and Accessories from India. International Therapists. Clean and Newly Renovated.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I like to eat here! I'm basing this review on the meal that includes homemade-style whole wheat bread, soup, salad, starchy dish (usually rice), main dish and a fresh fruit drink. Other set meals include less or more.

Bharati's menu offers vegetarian dishes made with cheese but not eggs. Whatever the soup of the day, the Indian influenced, tantalizing broth make a great beginning to a meal. Dessert tray (extra) will tempt you with rich, expensive desserts.

A popular restaurant with Guanajuatenses, whether born in the city or expats. It's a comfortable place to eat with friends or alone, although the service can be slow. Often an old movie is shown on Friday nights.

There are newer reviews for Centro Bharati

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Everything was great about this place. They have a great quiet and soothing atmosphere, there is water running in the back. The very, servers are friendly, calm and composed. It really gives you a relaxed lunch. The meal was the perfect amount of food, if you have a vegetarian palete you'll love this place. Every course was delicious and I felt extremely good after eating here.

1  Thank kazisdaman
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Mexican and Indian cuisine mix with healthy choices; everything I ate there was delicious.
They have a small boutique with silk and cotton scarves and clothes from India. Have Wi-Fi and mellow music to make a retreat from hectic life in this wonderful city.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

As a frequent diner at Centro Bharati, I was very deeply troubled at a thoroughly nasty, mean-spirited review by another resident in which he/she denounced Bharati's entire organization for "unethical practices". As a psychotherpist, I was stunned at such a malicious attack, ungrounded in anything factual. If this person disliked the place,which I find strange, then why not say so instead of urging people to boycott it? Not only that, the writer hides behind the persona of a well-known chef like Nietzsche's "pale criminal" - one who loves to strike out while hiding, lacking the guts to face the imagined adversary.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

After Thai food, Indian is my favorite food. Sorry for those who may like this place, but I went in and tried every Indian dish on the menu (which was not many), and it was lacking in spices, lacking in flavor and very underwhelming. Disappointed puts it too mildly. I've tasted baby food with more flavor. I asked if they actually called this Indian food, and was told that, well it was not really Indian food but a mixture of Indian and Mexican and Italian. (??? THAT wasn't mentioned on the menu.) Well, I've tasted good Indian, Mexican and Italian, and the food was not a good representation of any of them. Indian food is SPICY. Mexican food is SPICY. In the heart of Mexico (and Guanajuato is DEFINITELY the heart of Mexico), there should be more flavor than this place offers - especially when it is marketed as Indian food. I give it a very generous 2 stars. I live here and won't go back.

Centro B, Public Relations Manager at Centro Bharati, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Our menu highlights traditional indian flavours with a Mexican twist, and is therefore fusion cuisine. If you are looking for the authentic mexican experience, we do encourage you to sample our pastel azteca layered with chile poblano, our tamales, tacos de guisado and quesadillas with homemade, handmade tortillas - or for an authentic indian experience the chana chole, tamarind rice, pakoras with chutney - or ask a waiter for extra masala spice & we would be happy to acomodate you.

Since we opened our restaurant last October, the same month you visited us, we have received many suggestions to lower the intensity of the spices, as the Mexican cuisine & palate is familiar with fiery salsas, but very little to no trace of cumin, fenugreek, tumeric, curry leaves, green mango powder, black salt, etc. Many of our dedicated Mexican and foreign clientel appreciate the underuse of heavy spices, oils and condiments, and its a joy to see such clients return day after day.