“Simple yet sophisticated and delicious ”
Review of La Taula - CLOSED

La Taula
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Spent an evening with friends in a very relaxed atmosphere with good house wine, octopus and cheese. Also ordered their "lechon" for a private party and it was great.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went there for dinner on my better half´s birthday, and it did not disappoint! The menu is not too big, but has a good selection. We had 3 dishes between us, the highlight being the fondu with chistorra, and two glasses of very nice wine. The price was good for the quality of the food and the ambience was laid back with friendly staff and nice decor. A very nice spot up one of Guanajuato´s endless alleys, ideal for dinner, a quick bite to eat or just to relax in the town centre with a glass of wine.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were here for lunch. Three plates did for two people. TPAs were large and tasty. Bread was fresh and accompanied by taponade and salsas. House wine by the glass affordable. Pleasant service, simple but pleasant surroundings. menu entirely in spanish.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The recommendation we had was to order 3 dishes for two people because the plates are small, but they seemed to be larger than what I would think of as tapas. The food was excellent and very inexpensive (we left with a bill around 200 pesos for 2 people). The best dish we tried was "Ofegats" which was layers of a leafy green (maybe collard greens?) with cheese in the layers then breaded on the outside which was beautifully presented in a flavorful tomato broth.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I came to this restaurant due to reviews and pics on TripAdvisor. My family was pretty skeptical, especially after seeing the menu. The menu is small, with not too many choices, probably around 10. After ordering several options and trying them I would call this a tapas bar. Extensive wine menu. We started with the mussels and riblets. Mussels were extremely simple and really delicious. The riblets had great sauce, polr a little overcooked for me but thatbi very common in mexico due to previous issue with pork on mexico. We also tried the Portabello covered in a melyed cheese that was outstanding. Also a fresh cheese dish topped with pesto garnish. We are not used to that but the more we ate the more we liked. Also the house cut of beef which was ribeye. It was ok. Flavorful but not the best meat. Again for tapas I really like this place and would highly recommend. Also the prices are VERY accessible. My family of 6 ate for around $50 us. We did not have wine but all one drink and myself 2 beers. Highly recommend for a nice quiet tapas spot. Adele and Michael bublee music was good too.