“It's the little things!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Boutique 1850
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Guanajuato
Tracy, California
“It's the little things!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Exceptional customer service. Let me illustrate what this looks like: The concierge shook our hands as we left, offered us cold bottled water, and had 2 bell boys walk out luggage to the taxi. This is quite a feat as the hotel entrance opens directly to the plaza . . . there is no street (pavement) for a taxi to drive up. The bell boys had to walk through the crowded plaza with our luggage! We loved the room, and the way the staff makes you feel special.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mari Carmen S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Boutique 1850, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,
We kindly want to express to you our most sincere grateful for share with all of us your stay with us.
It is amazing to know that we did a good job taking care of you and we really want to thank you for choosing us.
This kind of comments motivate us so much to keep doing and improving our daily job.
We all send you a bunch of hugs with all our affection.
Kindest Regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I just stayed 4 nights in a deluxe room overlooking the interior space of this hotel and think it is an excellent choice in this city. The location can't be beat as you can walk everywhere and there are many restaurants within a few blocks. I would not suggest a room overlooking the Jardin de la Union as it is extremely noisy most of the time. An interior room is dark, but quiet and I was only there at night, anyway. The mattress was very comfortable which is important to me, and the minibar was nice, and the AC worked well. The staff are all very nice at this hotel which is important, and the concierge Betty is very helpful. The only negatives, which is why I don't give it 5* are there is no closet at all. I've never seen a hotel room like that, there was one open block area next to the sink where you could hang a couple pair of pants but it was only about 2-3 feet tall. This wasn't too bad for me, I used my suitcase for most tops, etc., anyway, but it might bother a couple who wanted more space. I really disliked the toiletries, also, the soap had a peppermint odor to it, which I found disgusting. I do not want peppermint on my face or body. Other toiletries had other odd "flavors", one I think had rum in it or something. So no stars for the toiletries. I did not find the pillows comfortable at all so I had to sleep without any. They were very hard and thick polyester wads (about 12" thick or so). I asked to change them but that did not get done, unfortunately, so I don't know if they had any that were better. I find most hotel pillows uncomfortable as I don't like thick pillows, so this might not bother some people. The included breakfast in a restaurant next door was excellent and very enjoyable, one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had. You have many items to choose from.

Room Tip: I would just avoid a room overlooking Jardin de la Union myself as it is so noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ChristinaW
Mari Carmen S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Boutique 1850, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear ChristinaW,

Thank you so much for your kind comment, we truly appreciate it and value it, it is a great feedback and also it help us to improve in every issue.

We feel very sorry about the closet, the rooms has been adapted to the cultural heritage building which become in this hotel, thats why in some of the rooms it´s not enough the space to adapt a big closet, anyways we try to do as best as we can to make easier and comfortable the stay of each guest.

When it´s required we offer a portable closet that we can put in your room with out any charge, you only have to ask for it. About the pillow it is true we have a pillow menu (goose feather pillow, orthopedic soft pillow, memory foam pillow and among others) as my partner in front desk mentioned during your check in and we truly want to apologize that you couldn't get any of those pillow options.

Our commitment is to do as much as we can and more to make your self home in this hotel so we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again and correct what your kindly have pointed.

We all send you the best regards on behalf of Betty and each person in the staff that work here in this Hotel. We all thank you!
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Very nice property on the tree lined main square (actually a triangle) in central Guanajuato. We stayed in room #202, named "Pilar". The room had a small balcony that opened on the main square, very tall ceiling with original timbers. The bathroom was fine, shower better than average with a mini bar, big king bed and a spacious front room seating area. Strong free wifi. Management and concierge were very helpful and ready to help with anything. Nice complimentary breakfast at the Casa Valadez next door. The location was prime, and on a Saturday night, rocking....Guanajuato is a historical tourist town frequented primarily by Mexican tourists, many of which definitely let there hair down on the weekend and party. The noise for us was no problem with a good white noise sound machine and a 11 pm bed time. But they were going strong at 2 am, but not to our detriment. Really fun to see people enjoying themselves. The price for the room was expensive by Mexican standards, but the location, staff, breakfast and quality of this hotel was worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mari Carmen S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Boutique 1850, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Jeff W,

Your comment it's truly an objective description about your stay with us and it´s very helpful for all.
The building is a heritage cultural. During the intervention to become in this hotel the architect took care that every details were preserved as the house that was on year 1850.
We kindly want to thank the time that you took to share your experience with us and with all the people that read the best advices through Tripadvisor.
All the workers in this Hotel feel very satisfied and we feel very happy because your stay with us was worth it.
We would be very happy if we have once more the opportunity to welcome back some day.
Thank you so much, we send to you and your family many hugs and regards.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I took my bf here for the first time on his bday. I had been to Guanajuato several times before but had never stayed at 1850. The experience was unforgettable. From the moment we got to the hotel to the moment we left, we were treated with so much courtesy. The staff is so nice and friendly. They all wrote a letter to my bf congratulating him on his bday. It is not a cheap place though, but it is for sure worth it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mari Carmen S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Boutique 1850, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Mrs. Natasjja B,

We kindly appreciate the time that you share with us writting such a nice comment.
We fell very grateful with you for give us the opportunity to pamper you and your boyfriend.
Thank you so much for words and never forget that this is and will be your place in Guanajuato.
Best and kind regards.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Unmatched hospitality before and throughout our stay. Very comfortable room and excellent location. Staff was friendly, welcoming, and enthusiastic. Limited hanging space for clothes. Would stay in this oasis again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Every room has its own personality.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mari Carmen S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Boutique 1850, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Mr. SGuthrie2014,
Thank you so much for your kind comment, it really help us to keep doing our best.
All the staff appreciates your time to share your experience with us, we will be truly happy if you give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Regards
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

My girIfriend and I stayed for 2 nights in Hotel 1850 and it was one of the best stays I had in my life: an absolute recommendation: fantastic service: they helped us with museums, restaurants and transportation and even helped me with a surprise for my girlfriend. The hotel is located at the main square of Guanajuato, next to the cathedral, so you can easily walk to all highlights of the city. Breakfast was perfect and is served in the restaurant next door. The hotel is very hip, funky design and has spacious rooms that are spotless with all amenities you need for a comfortable stay. If coming back to Guanajuato, I will stay here again for sure and if you are looking for a comfortable design hotel with personal service, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Hotel entrance is next to the Starbucks at the main square.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Gijs,
For all of us it is truly important that you leave the Hotel with such a nice experience, we work very hard for the guest, we work very hard to help you with all your requests, we do our job the best that we can, we try to take care of you before your arrival and we really appreciate that you have allowed us help you in all what you need.
As we told you when you left the Hotel... "any excuse it´s allowed to come back". We remember you with great affection.
This will always be your place in the city.
Hugs and regards to you and your firlfriend.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for our friends wedding. Absolutely amazing experience from the start. Betty was the best Concierge ever! Highly experienced and extremely helpful :) the rooftop bar had the best view and margaritas. The breakfast that was included was delicious every morning! Definitively the best place to stay in Guanaguato.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mjuar001
Mari Carmen S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Boutique 1850, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Our Dear Guest,

We truly want to thank you for such an excellent comment like this. It´s very important for us that you share your experience with us and with other travellers through TripAdvisor and we get more satisfaction for us when we know that we really did a good job.
On behalf of Betty and all the staff we want to express our gratitude for your kind words.
We hope that you can visit us soon.
Hugs & Regards.