“Cosy restaurant with excellent food”

Bistro de la Presa Resto
Ranked #12 of 249 Restaurants in Guanajuato
Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Karlsruhe, Germany
“Cosy restaurant with excellent food”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were there a couple of weeks ago and stumbled upon this nice place by luck. I have to say: Great owners, excellent food and decent prices. I tried a rather typical mexican dish and my wife had the daily menu and we were both more than satisfied with our choice. The owner even came over and we had a nice little chat. I would definitely recommend it!

Kurz auf Deutsch: Richtig gemütliches Restaurant mit leckerem Essen und rundherum angenehmem Ambiente. Die Preise sind auch mehr als fair. Klare Empfehlung!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank malone28

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very nice restaurant with very nice food.

I tasted a nice and fresh local food, and the service was great!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Rishnu
Harwich, Massachusetts
“Excellent culinary experience at La Presa”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We happened to arrive for a late dinner tonight and found the place empty. My first reaction is to look elsewhere however we received a warm welcome and decided to give it a try. That was a very good decision. First we were offered beer or wine, a little dissapointed that they did not have the full liquor to offer. However we were pleasantly surprised with their local beer selection from Guanajuato, we sampled the porter and the IPA and it was the best Mexican beer that I have ever had!

The entrees were just as good. Arrachera was perfectly cooked and very tender served with fresh tortillas, guacamole and grilled cactus and serranos. My wife had the Valladolid grilled pork with achiote and it was also very well prepared. Service was excellent and we will return!!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Congrejomaximo
prescott,az.
“one of our favorites”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

we were in Guanajuato for 1 month and didn't discover the bistro until the last week,we went there twice for dinner and once for breakfast-we loved it! the food was excellent,freshly prepared and well presented.the owners were extremely warm and friendly and we enjoyed interesting conversations with them.they go out of their way to make you feel at home.we would highly recommend the restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Prescott_az_Bob
Guanajuato, Mexico
“There are too many better options”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch here once with my husband and grand-daughter. Neither the quality nor the quantity made it outstanding in any way, it was average at best.
I might add that this particular restaurant has a mighty high percentage of spanish speaking trip advisors (something the other restaurants do not have) giving it mighty high reviews...all of which are recent. Hmm, get my gist?
Currently number 2 in Guanajuato...well not on my list.
I can't see any reason to return to this restaurant when the town is full of much better places.

BistrodelaPresa R, Propietario at Bistro de la Presa Resto, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
We are really sorry that your experience in our restaurant wasn´t the best, one of our goals is to be better each day and we are working for that. I hope you return so you can try our menu, or the every day diferent meal for lunch, I guarantee you will change your opinion about us. About your other comment related with our excelent reviews and some spanish opinions (i think is an obvious situation if 90% of are clients are locals) , i´m sure we earn them with good service and good food.
Thanks for your comments.