“Excellent !!!”

Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Guanajuato
León, Gto.
“Excellent !!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2010

It was Great! We realise our wedding in the terrace of the hotel and everything was wonderful, a customized attention at any moment, the decoration of the place was terrific and we did not have ourselves to worry about the organization of the celebration, the hotel was in charge of everything. The room was charming, romantic and very comfortable, the delicious breakfast.
Congratulations for the facilities!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2010

We stayed here during Semana Santa and loved it! So much character and yet not excessively rustic... Each room is dedicated to a poet.
I cannot speak for street facing rooms but we had wonderful sleep and a plesant fresh air from our window facing mountain.
Breakfast was excellent - I have yet to stay in that Holiday Inn Express serving similar one... Location is great as well.
Highly reccomend

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
California,US /Chiapas,Mex
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Having a rental property of my own in another state in Mexico, I know what people look for....and I was very happy with this hotel. It's cute, charming and i found the staff friendly and helpful. Be forewarned that there are many stairs in this hotel, which adds to the unique quality.
I was first shown a room that was very nice but higher up than I would have liked... I asked to see something on a lower floor.They happily accommodated my request and my new room was perfect. Large, by most hotel standards these days..tv, phone, kitchenette...none of which I needed during my stay ...but was a welcome sight. There was a fan as well as a heater (also neither was needed during my time there) Bathroom was clean, bedroom was colorful and clean...Beds are usually harder in Mexico than in the states, for me it works great...for others maybe not...I slept soundly. Wi-fi internet connection through out the facility and breakfast was just about anything that I could want. I have no idea what the complaint that I saw in a previous review was all about. I have been all over Mexico and am so glad I trusted my instincts and paid that review no mind....I'm very glad that I found this little gem.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank vphb
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Funny how a property can be rated #1 yet is barely a 2 or 3 star by north american standards. We are here in the Jose Marti suite based on previous reviews. We are exhausted as we hardly slept at all due to the drunks singing and shouting in the streets until the wee hours of the morning. This room faces the front and is exposed to everything happening in the streets. The room is large, bright and basic. We have requested a fan as it is too hot and we hope the white noise will help muffle the street noise. The breakfast buffet was only okay, similar to a holiday inn express. Nothing extraordinary, nothing memorable. Reception and staff seem indifferent. I would not stay here again and we are looking to move.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Australai
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Wonderful hotel right in the middle of the historic centre. You can step out the door and walk to about four museums in a few minutes, or to any of the charming plazas such as San Fernando, La paz, Jardin de la Union. The rooms are all bright and colourful, the service is excellent, price is good, breakfast is delicious. A great hotel at a reasonable price. Much better than those fancy "arty" boutique hotels I stayed in last year, for twice the price.
Madeleine

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank madzufi
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I picked El Meson because of the reviews on trip advisor and because of the location. The hotel itself was very cool. It use to be an apartment complex and all the rooms were unique and different. Also the design of the building was funky and cool with different court yards and passages. It had a great breakfast every morning and the staff was wonderful.

Our room itself was neat, we had a small kitchen and an office area. The showers warm and the beds were ok, kind of small for 2 people. We were there in January and it was cold. The only complaint on the room was that it was cold out and we only had a little space heater but every hotel we stayed at was the same way.

You can easily walk to any of the plazas and this was close enough to the churches but we didn't hear the noise of the city or the church bells. I would definitely recommend this for the price, location and cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EnviroGirl
VT
Reviewed January 9, 2010

We chose a room with the balcony facing the street. Though the location increased street noise we loved the "people watching". The staff was friendly and accommodating...the room large...and a good breakfast.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple