“First rate experience”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Three of us ate about 4 in the afternoon. The cuisine was excellent, from the pork to the tuna to the chicken in lemon/cilantro (my dish). Service was fast and courteous. Presentation was superb. Kind of an upscale change from the typical Mexican restaurantes (which are good, but not special.) Atmosphere really pleasant, set in back of a pottery/ceramic shop.

1  Thank lovetotravelVT
There are newer reviews for Mestizo

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I like every single thing about this place...the atmosphere reminds one of a small, European salon restaurant, the chef is a genius with fresh fish and exquisite desserts, the service is impeccable and...nothing more to say except that it's a wonderful, restaurant with superb cuisine.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Here is a mexican restaurant without your usual menu. we were given a first course of sauteed mushrooms courtesy of the house. We then split the ceviche (large enough for 3 as a first course) which was a bit too peppery for me but I kept eating it anyway because it was so tasty. Then we both ordered the cream of cilantro soup. I didn't get a strong cilantro taste but it was nice - maybe a bit too much cream for my taste yet it wasn't thick. Then i had the pork chop with mustard sauce and my friend the fish. We both took 1/2 home because we were full. I had 2 glasses of very decent Malbec and the bill for the two of us was $42 and that's with the wine. Service was a great pace - those who said it was slow either forgot they were on vacation or forgot they were in Mexico. I hope to get to this place again before I leave. Lots of beautiful pottery for sale in front room - great decor in restaurant. Chef stopped by to say hello and ask if we liked the meal. Delightful evening.

1  Thank MargaritaConSal
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We are "foodies" by nature. This restaurant had a number of dishes that we found unique and inventive. Be sure to try the cream of cilantro soup - it was amazing. The wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes. Be sure to check out the ceramic collection as it is not the usual Mexican ceramics. We would gladly return!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

It's difficult to find a restaurant in Guanajuato that has decent wine, but this one does. The food was general very good. I had delicious mushroom soup to start and a pork chop with a yummy spicy mustard sauce. My husband had the corn soup, which he said was only OK and he had the pork chop with a pineapple, honey sauce that he said was too sweet. But both of our chops were cooked perfectly.

Service was just fine and the room is very well put together.

1  Thank ytc50