“Good location, great service. Felt very good!”

Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato
Ranked #11 of 55 Hotels in Guanajuato
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located 20minutes away from the airport with minor traffic. The scenery is very calm and lots of green spaces.

The hotel is in a roundabout and close to a few family owned restaurants (very authentic with their semi roof and half built houses made out of brick). Even though the hotel has an Applebee's right next to it, my colleagues and I took the plunged and decided to try one of those places. It paid off!!

The hotel has an atrium pass the reception where the elevators are visible to the atrium. The toons looking down to the restaurant have a juliet balcony which opens up. The atrium has the restaurant where the breakfast is buffet style with eggs, bacon and other Mexican dishes.
Also the papaya juice was delicious and the ham was to die for.

The service was great. The rooms are spacious and bathrooms have plenty of counter space. The closet has a light that turned on once one of the doors is opened.

Definitely coming back!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank CecibelB
Germán F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your comments, we hope in this your home.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is not a bad "overnight" stay. The Holiday Inn Express- Guanajuanto is an average Holiday Inn. The interior boasts of Spanish tiled decor and is nice and clean. The staff are relatively friendly. The BIGGEST plus to the hotel is the buffet breakfast they serve (check hours). The food was amazing---offered everything from coffee to fresh juices and a complete Mexican cuisine complete with fresh fruit. The down-side....wifi is a little sketchy and the rooms are older. The rooms have an older style coffee karafe but, no coffee is provided, the rooms also don't have smaller face clothes, just hand and regular towels (hmmm...). The hotel is also a good distance from the BJX/Leon airport--almost 30 minutes. The surrounding area outside of the hotel? Not the best. Again, you can get through it if you just remind yourself: One Night Only and amazing food! Takes all the other 'have-nots' out of the equation. :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest
your comments are very importante for us, thank you and we hope your stay was very comfortable.

German Flores Lopez

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Their swimming pool looks much smaller than showing on the picture. Only two strokes will reach to the end of pool. No jacuzzi. No pool tower. Too far from the city. Only 1 restaurant near by. Book the hotel in the city for many restaurants and shops in walking distance.

Room Tip: Not for the swimmer
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Gregorio8282,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret our swimming pool did not live up to your expectations. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback and hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really expected the same kind ofencellent service I have come to expect from the other Holiday Inns in the area. I was dissapointed. From the elevators not working properly to the rude person asking for the breakfast ticket. I have been staying in other HI in the area, so I have several of these tickets. I got confused and came down to the bakfast bar with the wrong one. She said this ismnot the correct one, so I said I am sorry, I will bring it over as soon as i get my computer down. By the way this happens to me very often and never had a problem in the other two HI. But here I could not get my breakfast if I did not have the correct ticket. I mean, the breakfast is included for everyone!
This is the second time I stay here due to Silao being full. Next time I will stay in Irapuato rather than deal with the staff in this hotel. Or having to wait for several minutes for the elevator because only one works.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Carlos H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Carlos H,

Ferdinand G

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went to Guanajuato at the last minute and we chose this hotel. We have a great quiet night there. Super clean, comfort with aircon. The service was very professional and fast.. It was easy to get a taxi in the hotel to go down town, as the city is full of tunnels and weird streets to drive yourself. No doubt, we will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Germán F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

we hope your stay was a great experience.

Germán Flores

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Here we are again 3 wonderful days. Super service great breakast n free wifi! Will def. be back soon. Clean rooms. Staff is very helpful. 5 min. ride to main city with taxi. Room faced the mountains. Theres an Applebees next door for quick room service.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank cs4

dear guest thank you for your preference and comments, we hope soon in Guanajuato

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I came late at the hotel so I didn't use the pool or other facilities. The room was good. I booked the shuttle for 6am. after waiting a few minutes in the lobby at 6, the person at the desk ask me if I wanted to wait for an airline crew at 6:15. When I said no, they phone a cab. I thought they would pay for it... No, i had to pay. I was not impressed...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Guanajuato, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Yvon_Bourgouin,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am glad that you liked your room. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the shuttle service. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.