“Japanese food at it's best”
Review of Delica Mitsu

Delica Mitsu
Ranked #18 of 245 Restaurants in Guanajuato
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: The best Japanese SOZAI style Deli & Sushi Rolls in Mexico
Description: The best Japanese SOZAI style Deli & Sushi Rolls in Mexico
Guanajuato, México
“Japanese food at it's best”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have been a regular at Delica Mitsu since I had the fortune of discovering this little gem, I try to be there once a week but I'm not always that lucky.
The bento package is always delicious, they have some staples that repeat everyday and a few specials in the rotation, they also offer sushi rolls, soups, teriyaki chicken and some other items, everything is worth trying.
Service is very friendly, Nori and the rest of the staff always welcome you with a smile; tables are close to each other so you have the chance to meet the nicest people there, I have had great conversations with other guests as we wait for our food.
The place is not fancy, actually is austere but in my opinion it's part of the charm.
As some other people has said, you have to get there early, some complain about it but I think they know what they´re doing and I prefer it this way, I have seen numerous places where the quality suffers when they overextend their reach, Delica Mitsu is consistently good.
If quality alone is considered Delica Mitsu ranks among the best in Guanajuato; if you consider value no other place comes even close.

• Visited April 2014

Manzanillo, Mexico
“Japanese food in Mexico?”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I live for 6 or 7 months a year in Mexico and there is lots of Japanese restaurants where I live. I wish Delica Mitsu was one of them. It is truly a hole in the wall place, run by a nice, young Japanese couple. The sushi is not slathered in mayonnaise, but very authentic. the various salads that they make fresh daily are all great. Go early, say 2:00 pm, before they start running out of stuff. Just off San Fernando Plaza , it is a bit hard to find, but find the plaza and ask the people at the crepe place which callione to walk up. Combine it with a trip the Diego Museum or the University as both are nearby.

Visited March 2014
Portland, Oregon
“An Unexpected Gem!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

After living in Tokyo for 5 years, we know Japanese food and were pleasantly surprised by how fresh and delicious our lunch at Delica Mitsu was today! Yes, it's a hard to find hole-in-the-wall, but it's worth the search if you want authentic Japanese food, cooked by Japanese chefs, with good fresh ingredients. We read comments about slow or bad service, but our experience was totally positive, and we were surprised how quickly our order arrived during the crowded, busy lunch hour.

• Visited March 2014
Ashland, Oregon
“Great place, but hard to find”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

A nice , small Asian food restaurant, if you arrive after 15:30 you wont be able to eat whatever its in the menu. Lunch time its the best to enjoy this excellent Japanese food although its really hard to find the place and the service its really slow. Not much space to seat.

• Visited January 2014
Guanajuato
“Best of the best!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I love everything about this funky, 100% authentic little hole in the wall. The Japanese owner cooks everything so perfectly that the food goes fast every day. Absolutely delicious fare, superb, loving, friendlty service, great pricess and an enormous favourite of people who've never tasted Japanese cuisine before.

Visited January 2014