This old hacienda is a vibrant arrangement of intense color, surrounded by gardens to match. Our family has stayed here a few times and each time was unforgettable. The ambiance is uniquely Mexican folk, and each bedroom is its own imaginative entity. The staff is friendly and professional, with suggestions and directions for each day's events. They even arranged a Spanish tutor for us! The food is scrumptious; a fusion of fresh Mexican and other worldly. I think my favorite memory is eating the 4 course breakfasts at a festive table with the other (fascinating!) guests, where every chair is hand painted/ decorated by a different artist.
Guanajuato is a colonial city, established for silver mining, with a beautiful historic downtown, and many cultural sights. The weather has always been perfect, usually mid 70'sduring the day, and we've visited in three seasons. The whole experience is refreshing and relaxing. By the time you leave, you'll feel like family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened as a Bed & Breakfast in 1990, La Casa de Espiritus Alegres was quickly discovered by people worldwide who appreciate the ambience, attention to detail, folk art and delicious food. We have 8 rooms each with an individual style based on themes and elements of Mexican art. The result is a warm and welcoming blend of sophistication and playfulness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your La Casa De Los Espiritus Alegres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa De Espiritus Alegres Hotel Guanajuato
- La Casa De Espiritus Alegres Bed And Breakfast