I first stayed in the Ex-Hacienda la Trinidad in the neighbourhood of Marfil when there wasn't space available in the Casa de Espiritus in downtown Guanajuato. I was glad I did though. The Ex- Hacienda is not far from downtown by taxi, only 40 pesos away. It is in a beautiful garden setting with a most charming and helpful host, Hugo. Hugo was very cheerfully up to greet me when I arrived in the middle of the night, and then made the best heuvos rancheros for breakfast the next morning. He seems to know everybody and was immensely helpful with suggestions of what to do, getting me tickets to the Cervantino Festival and even helping me when I lost my debit card! I next stayed in the Casa downtown where lovely Angela was hostess. A great location in the thick of things, it could be a bit noisy but with my ear plugs and the room's wooden shutters it wasn't a problem. Big rooms with antique textiles from Uzbekistan, etc on the walls. Lots of interesting and friendly folks stayed in both locations making this good place for solo travelers to stay. Gracias a Hugo y Angela!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened as a Bed & Breakfast in 1990, La Casa de Espiritus Alegres was quickly discovered by people worldwide who appreciate the ambience, attention to detail, folk art and delicious food. We have 8 rooms each with an individual style based on themes and elements of Mexican art. The result is a warm and welcoming blend of sophistication and playfulness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your La Casa De Los Espiritus Alegres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa De Espiritus Alegres Bed And Breakfast
- La Casa De Espiritus Alegres Hotel Guanajuato