All reviews pretty hotel charming hotel downtown city taxis mexico
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

I was here with my husband and 13 other people on a pilgrimage to Mexico and this is one of the places we stayed at. The available reviews are not what I experienced. I’ve been on three other pilgrimage tours with this same group worldwide and this hotel is without a doubt the worst place we’ve ever stayed at.

Our room was dirty and the shower wouldn’t drain leaving you to stand in dirty shower water. The carpet hadn’t been vacuumed. At first, I thought I was seeing mold, but when I looked closer, the floor was littered with vegetation of some type- these little dark colored berry looking things. As they weren’t crawling, I counted my lucky stars. The bathroom was horrible- dirty, not functional. Shower wouldn’t drain. Just yucky. Front desk was not inclined to be helpful and were not responsive.

I would encourage management to offer retraining on customer service, housekeeping staff needs to learn how to properly clean a room and maintenance needs to unplug the plumbing. Lastly, this place needs a thorough cleaning - top to bottom with bleach!

On the bright side, the bed slept good and the food was good, but I figured the kitchen was like my room-dirty. Yuck.

I would not return to this hotel nor would I recommend it. STAY AWAY

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
gerentegeneralgu2017, Gerente at Mision Guanajuato, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

We are sorry to not cover your expectation. What you describe is not our standard service, so we check your comments with the staff to find a solution.

Sincerely!

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

I completely enjoyed my stay here! The staff was very friendly and quick to resolve any issues. On location is restaurant that closed about 11pm, I believe, which was blessing after a late night flight. I loved the older, traditional feel of this hotel. The pool area was clean and well managed. This hotel is away from the city center, however, I heard this is good thing because hotels in city center were very loud at night.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
gerentegeneralgu2017, Gerente at Mision Guanajuato, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

We are so glad to know that your experience was accordingly at your expectations. Thank you to saty with us.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

Misión Guanajuato is an absolutely delightful hotel to stay at, while visiting such lovely city. Congratulations in particular to the reception ladies, Gloria and Diana. Besides them, everyone else made us feel right at home! Thoughtful, tending to our every whim. Great service, great location, great cleanliness, great price. Buffet on Sundays is great, too.
Highly recommendable! Ricardo Zamora Mesinas (AD Tec Construction Consulting, Mexico City)

Room tip: Ask at the reception! I got a mega room for the same price, Room 350, with a view! Huge!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
gerentegeneralgu2017, Gerente at Mision Guanajuato, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

We are so glad that your stay with us had been completely satisfied. That is our main target.
Thank you to share your experience with us and for the beautiful words for our staff, these are really important for everyone.

Faithfully sincerely!

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This is a very old hotel in a quaint, charming part of town. I would have liked the hotel, except for one thing: there was a small mouse carcass in the light fixture of my bathroom. Gross, right? Once I saw that, I couldn’t enjoy anything else about the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
gerentegeneralgu2017, Gerente at Mision Guanajuato, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you by your feedback. We would like to receive more specific information about your report, because we don´t have this kind of issues. By the way we are checking all the rooms and building.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

I loved the hotel grounds and room. Its a little far away from the main area (you have to take a taxi to get there), and there's nothing nearby to do, but sure its a pretty hotel.
Every morning there was complimentary cafe de la olla with rustic cups.
The room its very big and comfortable, although the bathroom isn't. The shower doesn't have somewhere to put shampoo or soap. We stayed only 2 nights so it wasn't a big deal for us.

Breafast buffet
We had breakfast 1 day and it was super average, maybe even bad. The sauce of the chilaquiles its the least tasty I've tried.

I gave 4 stars because I loved the room and service was great too.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
gerentegeneralgu2017, Gerente at Mision Guanajuato, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Thank you to share your experience with us. Your comments are so important to improve and know what we are doing well too.