All reviews great location central location nice hotel maison bathroom mexico town
Selected filters
Reviewed February 16, 2019

Booked this hotel over 2 month ahead. Unfortunately we needed to cancel the whole trip due to the earthquake in Mexico. Terms & conditions on booking.com stated that it is non-refundable. We contacted the the hotel directly and they promised a refund. Yet we never got it and they ignored all of our messages.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2018

The hotel is located right in the town center, very close to everything. This makes it a challenge to park, especially if you have a big car. The rooms are fairly unimpressive, but they're fine for spending the night (which is pretty much all you need over there).

On the positive side, the hotel staff is very helpful, and the building and decoration are great. Finally, if you go up to the fourth floor, you get some really nice views of the mountains and houses. I recommend going up there just to take some pictures.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2018

Great location - could pretty much walk to everything of interest. The room was ok for the price and I thought the bathroom (all different blue tiles) was lovely and there was always plenty of hot water.
It would be nice if they at least had coffee in the lobby in the morning.
My cell phone did not work in my room so If I needed to make a call I had to go out to the lobby.
My major comlpaint is that my friends who live in Guanajuato were not permitted to go to my room. The excuse I got was that maybe they would stay overnight.

Room tip: My room wa overlooking one of the tunnels but there is no traffic at night so it was very quite.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2018

We like this hotel because of its location but had some problems. It seems the hot water was turned off in the evening as we were never able to have a warm shower until morning. The internet signal was poor and at best worked only in the courtyard. They also turned off most of the hall lights at night making things very dark in the rooms. However the rooms were clean and the staff friendly. The hotel has no restaurant or breakfast.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

This historic hotel was very nice.the staff were wonderful and very helpful. It is located in a great area with shops, restaurants, and places to stroll and view the towns history.
You will not be disappointed.
Dr.Rico
Canada

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple