“Great value, Excellent location!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meson Del Rosario

Meson Del Rosario
Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Guanajuato
The Black Hills, South Dakota
“Great value, Excellent location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I as well as another couple recently stayed three nights. The staff was excellent and even rode along to find us parking close by. We travel throughout Mexico and this hotel is better than average for the money. Location is excellent for exploring from the center of town. Booked at allmexicohotels.com and rates were accurate. Will definately return and recommend. Thanks for a great visit!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ralph K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

The downside: Expensive. The price was about $90.00 per night for two adults and two children.
The bathroom was all together. I mean there was no curtain between the shower and the toilet, se the toilet seat would get all wet when we showered. The bathroom door was made of metal and it screaped the floor so it was very difficult to close.
The upside: the staff was very courtious and helpful.
The hotel is smack in the mittle of downtown Guanajuato, this way you don't spend on taxis (not very expensive by the way), Restaurants are all over the place.

Room Tip: I wish we would have stayed at the San Diego Hotel. I've been there before and it's a bit mo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mario G

Travelers are raving about these Guanajuato hotels

Tijuana, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel is close to everything you will want to visit in the historic area of Guanajuato. Lots of places to eat and shop right by the hotel as well. my husband and I stayed there 4 nights of our honeymoon, and although they said they had no more 2 person rooms, they gave us a 3 person room for the same price (check on their website for a special deal if you are staying 3+ nights). They were going to give us a room on the 4th floor but my husband complained and we ended up on the first floor. The staff were very nice and happy, called us when our tour guide arrived in the morning, brought us more water and towels when we needed, and let us up in the admin office to print our boarding passes on the last day of our stay.
A complaint would be that the room is very dark, and actually the lights were flickering in the room and bathroom, like a haunted house. On our last day they had an electrician there so we had no lights when we came back from breakfast but when we told them, they turned them right back on for us. I would definitely go back there. Make your reservation early for the Cervantino Festival in October!

Room Tip: There are lots of Stairs and you WILL be tired from walking around the city so try to get a room on...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hilo, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

We liked this hotel; location, amenities, staff just fine. One problem was the noise generated by the 3 floors of guests surrounding a small, central courtyard. If anybody was partying, forget it! Something that shocked me: when asked for glasses to use in the room (there weren't any, obviously), the woman at the front desk said they didn't have any. We had to go buy glasses for our room!

Room Tip: Ask for the quietest room available!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JanJoan
Albuquerque
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

I agree with all the reviewers who liked the hotel. Remember, this is a basic, clean hotel, not a fancy hotel, and that's why you are not paying $150 a night. To be close in to all the action yet not spend a lot of money on a place, this is a good choice. To me the importance is the room is clean and decent, which I felt they were. The hotel had charm, even though it was simple. We had t.v. with cable which was nice when going to sleep or waking up. I felt very safe and the employees were very helpful, especially Lupe, who rode with us in our car to find some parking. Yes, there is noise at night, Guanajuato is a big party town, and if you want to be walking distance to everything I don't know where you can stay that you won't hear noise at night. It was just a few doors down to the Plaza San Fernando, which was a great, quiet little plaza with a variety of neat outdoor restaurants to go eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner at, and cute shops. It was just a few doors down the other direction to the Plaza de la Paz, another nice breakfast option, or a little further to the Jardin de La Union. It is a little tricky to find the hotel, you might want to hire a guide or a taxi to lead you there the first time.

Room Tip: some rooms have window to indoor courtyard, quietr
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sccarrillo
West Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

This may be the worst hotel we have stayed anywhere for the price. We typically stay in 2-3 star hotels and were stunned by how bad this place was. First, the lobby looks fine and the two sets of armor are attractive. We stayed in one of the shadier rooms, which Lonely Planet said were smaller than sunnier rooms and not as nice, which is an understatement. Problems we had: 1) There was no mattress on the bed. We slept on box springs. I pointed this out to hotel staff. I got a look of we're sorry the bed is uncomfortable but the language barrier was apparently insurmountable. 2) The light bulbs and bulb holders in the lamps on the night stands flopped around on the top of the lamps. It took me about ten seconds to tighten them by hand. 3) The toilet stopped running. I looked inside the tank and the flushing mechanism was held to the flap with string, which had broken. Several hours later, the hotel replaced the string with very thin wire. Whoever got that room after us probably had the same problem when the wire broke. 4) In the morning at 7:30 to 8AM, the water in the shower took 20 to 25 minutes to warm up. What a waste of water and very inconvenient for guests. We don't expect perfection in 2 or 3 star hotels but this hotel was way below that standard.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
San Diego CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2010

Last vacation I went down to Mexico with my boyfriend and we decided to go to Guanajuato for a couple of nights. I wasn't really sure where to stay since I wanted a good location, a nice clean hotel and an affordable price. I found this hotel here at Tripadvisor and I can certainly say I made the best choice I could ever do. This is a cozy colonial home-style hotel with nice comfy rooms and a great staff. Price was also good I must say. Since the moment we arrived, the staff was kind and attented to our needs, they were looking towards giving us a good stay, and they got it. The guy at frontdesk even gave us a couple of advises of where to go and what the best options would be for dining. Hotel location is just great, within walking distance to most of landmarks, markets and points of interest. I must say we had a great experience there, even though we were kind of nervous of going to an unknown enviroment. I strongly recommend Meson del Rosario when you plan to visit beautiful historical Guanajuato.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple