See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 10, 2018

I spent a few hours here, only visiting the grounds and buildings. From the outside, a beautiful hotel, restaurant, swimming pool, chapel, and ballroom with view of town. The place inside however looked very tattered and faded. My visit was on a Sunday morning and I only saw two guests while I was there for one hour and only three cars in the parking lot. Sad to see such a beautiful place go to waste. No one approached me about being just a visitor.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Mike5466
Reviewed November 1, 2018

Stayed there for two nights on October 24th and 25th, and if I could give it zero stars I would not hesitate. I don't normally write reviews but just wanted to let other future guests to stay away. Room smelled like urine, and sewer for the two nights. I tried connecting to internet and called the front desk for password. Quote" Oh the internet signal does not reach that room. Who doesn't have internet these days. Maybe there were getting ready for Halloween since all the mirrors were crooked. The couch was all frayed, as was the cover sheet on the bed. The shower doors were broken and the shower floors were not clean as you can tell by the yellowish color on the floor where guests are more apt to stand when showering. The towels had holes in them, and black spots that were probably old mascara stains. Still has old style tube TV's. I guess my tip should have been why isn't this place full especially during the Cervantino Festival. I know why now, because it was almost deserted during my stay.. Don't let the looks on the outside deceive you into spending your hard earned vacation monies here. Walked into the room and thought I had walked back in time. Don't stay here please!!!!!
Por favor no se queden en este hotel que las habitaciones apestan a aguas negras y no cuenta con internet en mi cuarto. Pero eso no me advertieron antes de entrar a la habitacion. Las toallas tiene manchas negras y oyos en la mayor parte de ellas. El sofa y la sobre cama estan tan viejas que parecen de otra epoca. Lamentable no es un lugar apto para pasar un tiempo romantico. Busquen por otro lado. Mi primera impresion fue cuando alquile una habitacion durante el Festival Cervantino y habia muchas habitaciones disponibles. Me soprendio que no estaba todo lleno y ahora que me acquerdo casi estaba vacio por que nunca vi muchos otros huespedes. Si se pudiera dar "0" estrellas o menos lo haria. Hay muchos lugares mucho mucho mejor que este. La fachada por afuera da otra impresion de lo que los espera en su habitacion.

Room tip: Rooms in any part of this hotel have to be as bad as mine.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Roam824641
Reviewed May 23, 2018

So to be clear: we had a wonderful visit to Guanajuato, the wedding in the historic local church was beautiful, the receptions in the old abandoned mines were fun and memorable. And as this is a very large hotel, I can see that it made sense for all of us to be quartered here. But the hotel itself is a joke. Most important, big problems with its plumbing. Many rooms including the one where we sadly had to spend our first night, are so filled with stench that you need a gas mask to sleep - it's like sleeping in a stinking latrine. Upon our request they moved us and we later learned that several other guests had experienced the same, so this is a known but not fixed issue. In the new room, the shower consisted of a weak dribble of lukewarm water - again, upon speaking with other guests, this was typical for the other rooms too. We did not encounter a single person on the entire staff who spoke even a word of English, a problem if you are catering to tourists. Upon departing we were charged for an extra day which thankfully we noticed, almost missed our flight trying to get it sorted, and instead of having the amount returned to our credit card, were handed a sheaf of pesos which we no longer had any use for. The breakfast is OK, although the service is nonexistent. Other meals should be avoided. Lastly, this is no place for elderly or in any way mobility impaired persons, steep staircases everywhere.

Room tip: Stay in the historic city center instead
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank checkpointcheryl
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

I wanted to stay in this hotel since I was a little girl and saw that beautiful castle construction. I finally stayed there (20 years later) and I wasn’t disappointed with the decoration and service (which was quite nice), but the rooms are looking a little old and probably needs refurbishment, also, it needs more outlets. Other than that, I truly enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Must see castle if being in Guanajuato. Beautiful from the outside but rooms need to be improved, old, with some cracks on the walls, in some places a little dirty, bed was comfortable. Restaurant is poor in options.

Date of stay: October 2017