“Great local cuisine ”

La Chata de Guadalajara
Ranked #31 of 1,398 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: La Chata
Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

OMG If you're a foodie and enjoy sampling all the traditional plates the city has to offer this is a great place to go to. I went to the one next to Catedral in down town. I actually went several times. LOL I had the pozole the first time, and it was really good. The second time I had the flautas that were also very good, then the last time I went I had caldo tlapeño. This is got to be the best chicken soup I've ever had, and I'm not a fan of chicken soup. This should tell you everything. The flavored waters are a treat and the staff is great. But be prepared to wait in line for up to half an hour or maybe more. I went when it was raining but it was so worth the wait. My friends that went with me at the time had other dishes, (that I don't remember) and they were all super happy with the selection they had. Well recommended and near everything in down town Guadalajara. Go there if you're close by.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,055)

Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

We went to la Chata tonight because we used the 'near me now' function and read all of your reviews. We're at the ONE and it's only three blocks away.
So the like to get in was like 20 min but once we were seated it was super fast. Everyone was very welcoming and our waiter was awesome. Food was delicious. They have delivery so I took some pics of the menu for y'all. I wasn't able to get every page cause my one year old was having a meltdown at that moment.

Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

This place is very popular and there was a long line waiting for a table when we left. This place draws a good cross section of Guadalajara. The Ensalda de Verduras was the starter we shared and it was a good mix of steamed vegetables that gave us our green fix. The fajitas and Chile Rellenos were both very tasty and the portions are quite large!

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

Having never had mole before, I was enchanted with this place because they provided me with all three different kinds of mole on my enchiladas so I could sample them all! It was packed - but worth any wait. I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed October 17, 2016

great family restaurant , great food and drinks. everyone was very nice to us and the wait was not very long.