“Excellent little fonda with beautifully presented food and excellent Service”
Review of El Sacromonte

El Sacromonte
Ranked #40 of 1,216 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Four of us went for a business dinner and this was such a cute, eclectic place with wonderful food. The swee corn ice cream was my favourite ice cream I have ever tasted and we loved their quirky parcel presentation. We started with ceviche (fish may have been previously frozen), but we still enjoyed the bright flavours and texture. We then had a mini shrimp tostada, and a kind of fried empanada that had melted cheese and strawberry sauce. I had the 12 chile shrimp and one of my coworkers had the lobster shrimp and we split it. Delicious and generous portions. My only negative was the main course could have been hotter (temperature). The server was so fantastic we just trusted him to order what he thought would be best. He even ran down the street to a local stand to hail a taxi for us on our behalf. Such a great ambiance and we definitely enjoyed the evening very much.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The food is extraordinary. Don´t miss the quesadillas with sauce made of rose petals and raspberry. As the main course, the mole or the different preparations of chicken are great. For dessert the corn ice cream crepe.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The director of our hotel recommended this place. It was good, great Mexican food. Try the beef tongue 'entrada' it's delicious and lots of it. The plates are large, even the salads. I could go there again start with a salad and have the beef tongue for an entree and I'd be set.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The waiter was very friendly and made the best recommendations. The quesadillas were served with rose petals inside and a strawberry jam. The sauces that are prepared for the meats are like none you will ever try. So delicious. Everything was cooked perfect and the wine pairing was great. This place is an upscale bull fighters paradise. I was in shorts and they had no problem with it. Other guest were in suits and business casual. It is upscale, but they staff makes you feel at home no matter what. You must try this fine restaurant!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I suppose used to be a nice place, but not good food and ratio food quality and price was not good, but a nice try if you do not mind.

2  Thank Dvoyager1