New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Best Steaks in Guadalajara” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Vaca Argentina

La Vaca Argentina
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vaca Argentina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 921 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Av. Hidalgo & Morelos
Description: At Asador La Vaca Argentina enjoy taking a trip through the gastronomic region of the Pampas in Argentina, guided by an authentic gaucho, our head Chef, Juan Angel Marcelo Pica. The meat used by the restaurant is all Angus Certified of a maximum weight of 420 Kg. Our extensive wine cellar offers wine from five continents and maintains a temperature of 18 degrees Celsius. En el Asador La Vaca Argentina disfrutara de un paseo por la gastronomia de la region de las pampas Argentinas, guiado por un autentico gaucho, nuestro maestro asador Juan Angel Marcelo Pica. Las Carnes que Usted consume en el Asador La Vaca Argentina son de novillos de raza Angus certificadas de 420 Kg. de peso maximo. Nuestra extensa cava ofrece vinos de los 5 continentes y se mantiene rigurosamente a una temperatura de 18 grados.
Loomis, California
“Best Steaks in Guadalajara”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

La Vaca Argentina is the best place to get a steak. It was tender, juicy and full of flavor. One word of caution, the steaks are HUGE, I ordered the Beef Lomo and it was a large enough portion for about three people. I recommend ordering the 300gr. There was a nice selection of wines, but be careful, the waittress offered us another wine that cost twice the amount and told us it was an American wine and it was from Mexico. I do know there are some great wines from the Baja region that are excellent but we were on budget and wanted the $40 wine and she offered us a $86 wine, big difference. Nice atmosphere in a trendy part of the city. Across the street was a PF Changs and high end brand stores like Natuzzi. Get the Valet parking its only $5 and a lot less hassle to park.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Diane K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Good food for Mexican standards”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is one of my favorites steak houses in Guadalajara. The place is clean and the food is good. They do seem to struggle getting the steak done the way you want it. I like my steaks pink/medium cooked. This is how I asked it and it came out well done. But with a good bottle of wine we were able to get it all down. So make sure to ask for a 'undercooked' steak. Or still bleeding if you prefer your steaks red.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Harmenov
Regensburg
“Best steak house in Guadalajara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We have tried out a lot of restaurants , la vaca Argentina is the for us the best steakhouse in towns. Extremely fresh meat, made to order, great entrees and great deserts.
It's hard to recommend something, because everything tastes great, but the cut vacio is delicious. Take a carachillo , cold espresso with licor 43, at the end, you will live it.

1 Thank beitgugb
Treasure Island, Florida
“No Soup for You!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Let me start by saying that I don't speak any Spanish or Portuguese. Someone recommended La Vaca Argentina to me so I took a taxi to the restaurant from my hotel. The two lovely young ladies at the hostess stand did not speak English. So they tried to tell me that they had no tables available. No soup for you! I asked if I could wait. they didn't understand but said no. I asked if they could help get me a taxi to go back to my hotel. They didn't understand but said no. Finally the manager saw my concerned face and found me a table. The menu was in Spanish so they found one waited who helped me select a filet. He also helped select a very nice Cabernet, Salad and a side. I did not receive a filet but a very large piece of meat which was outstanding. The manager then helped me secure a taxi. Happy ending! My recommendation is to try La Vaca Argentina. The food and service were superb. Make a reservation (they eat late in Mexico), go with someone who speaks Spanish and be sure to secure transportation for after dinner. I will never forget this experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ColonelTJ
Kelowna, Canada
“Have had better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The service was good, the staff accommodating but we found the meat to be just average. Have had better steaks in GDL and many more better in PV where we live in the winter. Pricy. No choice of sides unless you pay extra otherwise you only get a salad with you meat.

• Visited February 2013