“No Soup for You!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Vaca Argentina

La Vaca Argentina
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vaca Argentina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 921 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Av. Hidalgo & Morelos
Description: At Asador La Vaca Argentina enjoy taking a trip through the gastronomic region of the Pampas in Argentina, guided by an authentic gaucho, our head Chef, Juan Angel Marcelo Pica. The meat used by the restaurant is all Angus Certified of a maximum weight of 420 Kg. Our extensive wine cellar offers wine from five continents and maintains a temperature of 18 degrees Celsius. En el Asador La Vaca Argentina disfrutara de un paseo por la gastronomia de la region de las pampas Argentinas, guiado por un autentico gaucho, nuestro maestro asador Juan Angel Marcelo Pica. Las Carnes que Usted consume en el Asador La Vaca Argentina son de novillos de raza Angus certificadas de 420 Kg. de peso maximo. Nuestra extensa cava ofrece vinos de los 5 continentes y se mantiene rigurosamente a una temperatura de 18 grados.
Treasure Island, Florida
“No Soup for You!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Let me start by saying that I don't speak any Spanish or Portuguese. Someone recommended La Vaca Argentina to me so I took a taxi to the restaurant from my hotel. The two lovely young ladies at the hostess stand did not speak English. So they tried to tell me that they had no tables available. No soup for you! I asked if I could wait. they didn't understand but said no. I asked if they could help get me a taxi to go back to my hotel. They didn't understand but said no. Finally the manager saw my concerned face and found me a table. The menu was in Spanish so they found one waited who helped me select a filet. He also helped select a very nice Cabernet, Salad and a side. I did not receive a filet but a very large piece of meat which was outstanding. The manager then helped me secure a taxi. Happy ending! My recommendation is to try La Vaca Argentina. The food and service were superb. Make a reservation (they eat late in Mexico), go with someone who speaks Spanish and be sure to secure transportation for after dinner. I will never forget this experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ColonelTJ

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kelowna, Canada
“Have had better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The service was good, the staff accommodating but we found the meat to be just average. Have had better steaks in GDL and many more better in PV where we live in the winter. Pricy. No choice of sides unless you pay extra otherwise you only get a salad with you meat.

• Visited February 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Outstanding meat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Service: good and efficient
Food: meat is really, really good. They do respect the cooking you ask which is not that common in mexico unfortunately. Portions are big, maybe even too big. Go only if you are sure you won't do much in the afternoon...
Sides: had a salad which was surprisingly good.
Will go back for sure!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Cuts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

La Vaca Argentina is probably one of the best places in Guadalajara to have a great cut of Argentinian beef. With several locations in the city you cannot go wrong. Great selection of beef cuts, salads and soups is one of my favorite places to dine out.

Visited November 2012
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
“Delicious beef !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I just ate delicious, an amazing memory!
There was a nice
weather Guadalajara,i went to take dinner with
a friend, he ask me to go there, i love the name,
the Argentinian Cow,i asked for beef of course !

I'll visit again ! Recomended !

• Visited February 2012