“Had a great time there!”
Review of Santo Coyote

Santo Coyote
Reserve with OpenTable
Santo Coyote is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,129 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Francisco Javier Gamboa & Juan Ruiz de Alarcon
Description: Thirteen Sioux tribes, a thousand rituals, one magical place: Santa Fe, New Mexico. The catholic missions arrived in the area of Albuquerque & there the legend was born. The Great Sioux Chef, whose names means the mix of two cultures & the birth of a third: the pagan religion, we honor this at Santo Coyote. It is a place where the Creole cuisine, great wine, & a great atmosphere, converge to create the true host.
Ajijic, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a great time there!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were there on a Saturday evening. Be sure to order the Vacio- Argentinian beef that we know as Flap Steak. It was excellent. All 4 of us ordered it the way we wanted. 2 waiters carried a "treasure chest" to our table that had an open flame on the bottom to keep our plates that were inside heated and with our steaks on the heated plate. All the entrees came with about 5 side dishes that the waiter will put on your plate.
The waterfalls and orchids and carved stone statues were very impressive.The atmosphere and beautiful surroundings made it very special for picture taking.
A birthday was celebrated and a special dessert and ceremony by a lovely young lady was very impressive for the birthday girl and for all of us!

Grenoble, France
“Great ambiance and folklore”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The place is known for its magical ambiance! As others have mentioned the food is a bit princely for what it is and the drinks are super expensive. Nevertheless, one can find good deals, we ask for a “Molcajete Mexicano” and it was quite tasty and enough for two. Is better to go for dinner, and to sit in the terrace close to the dancing scenarios. There is also live mariachi but is difficult to guess where will they play since they move around the restaurant. I truly recommended, especially for foreigners

San Bernardino, California, United States
“Nice Place! Good Food! But No Kids Menu!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

OK! I got to admit the restaurant is Nice, the food is GOOD! Although the menu is pretty simple in choices and you can not order anything else you got in mind besides what is in the menu. Also not very Kid Friendly...Perhaps a kids menu would be fantastic! Love the Mariachi!! The cold beer & the salsa made on the spot in the molcajete. Waiting staff are friendly and attentive as far as pricing maybe a little overpriced but if you take in consideration having a meal without any soliciting of any kind, no foul odors, didn't see any flies. Basically enjoying your food in peace makes it a pleasant experience. Would probably go back to try the buffet next time ;)

Edmonton, Canada
“Santo Coyote restaurant”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Everytime I visit Guadalajara I do go at least a few times to the restaurant. Specially for breakfast buffette. It is one of the most amazing meals that you can have. Food is great, fresh juice to chose from. Even better, last couple of times I was there it was someone playing the piano and some other guy playing the violin. It is such a great experience overall. Food is great, some is cook and ready to eat or some you will have someone there to cook it for you. Lots of food to chose from. It is such a great experience, atmosphere, music, food, taste,etc. It is restaurant that I must visit. I am going down there in December and I am already thinking on what I am going to have.

• Visited February 2013
Guanajuato, Mexico
“one of the best restaurants I have visited”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was there for dinner and had a great time with my wife. We were not expecting to visit such a good restaurant that weekend. Actually, the previous night we visited another Mariachi style restaurant and the experience was average. But we felt so good at Santo Coyote that night that we decided to try the Breakfast Buffet the following morning, and it was excellent as well. Dinner was obviously a little more expensive than the Breakfast buffet, but our plates were cooked to perfection, beverages were perfect as well. Service was excellent in both occasions, actually I tipped the server with 40% due to the great service that morning... in other words it is not pricey at all. I spent waaay more in my hotel mini buffet the morning before (self service)... I am planing my next visit to Guadalajara and this restaurant with some more family soon.