“Excellent food and great service”
Review of Cocina 88 - CLOSED

Cocina 88
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and son visited me over the weekend in Guadalajara, and we went to this great restaurant within walking distance of our hotel (La Perla.) Recommended by the hotel owners, they were absolutely right. The service was perfect, with just enough suggestions but not too much, and the ceviche and fish were all excellent.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The food was absolutely amazing. Would definately recommend there steaks. However found the waitress really awkward, it was as if she was plate watching. Maybe better to go at a busier time. When it came to paying the bill, all the kitchen staff and chefs and waitresses came out to hover near to ensure you tipped enough which I just thought rather spoilt it.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Excellent place for seafood! A nice romantic terrace in the front to sit and eat and watch the traffic. A word of caution though: it was our first time there and they told us that we had to go to the back and pick out what we wanted and then we go to the wine cellar and pick out the wine. Which we did. However, when locals started coming in - they were given menus to choose from. I would have liked to have seen the menu had I known, but...I cannot complain about how they fixed what we had picked out. Probably the best I have ever had.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

They also have a good location and an excellent place. At nights you can have a romantic or familiar dinner. It's also good for buisness meetings. They have a good diversity in wines and alcoholic beverages. Their steaks and sea dishes are very tasty. Make sure you leave some room for desert too. Location is really good because is real near to Chapultepec avenue, a must visit for weekend nights.

Disadvantages, may be a mosquito or two if you are at the terrace. Not a big issue.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Ate there last night and what a change from the last time last year! Went there with a Mexican friend last year and the service was so appalling, I refused to leave a tip, even though the maitre'd insisted I should. Took a chance on returning last night with a friend from Canada and it was completely different. Either it's under new management or they fired all the wait staff from last year and hired new ones, but the present lot were falling over themselves to be welcoming, friendly and attentive. Also, the food last time was ok, but this time it was excellent! Whoever is the management there now, here's a word of advice:keep it up and I will happily return!