“Overall great stay, besides a few small problems”

Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Overall great stay, besides a few small problems”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Fiesta Americana.The only issues I had were a couple times room service left the top sheet off my bed. However, when I complained about it, the staff was very nice about it and took care of the problem. Cecilia Hernandez went out of her way to make sure that my expectations were far exceeded after the problems. She changed my mind from angry at the hotel to happy. And Marlene Avilez, the concierge, gave me great advice on where to eat nearby. Roomservice was promt, but the food was always cold, so I suggest going out rather than ordering in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Jose Gustavo M, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear AEU2357

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences during your stay in our hotel, We appreciate your comments as they are helpful to improve our services, I am glad you had a great time, I will be working on the issues you had.

Jose Gustavo Muñoz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
urbana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Great value, great staff, fantastic room and service. I was treated like royalty and would go back in a heart beat. Nice linens and room. Luxurious for the price. On spot staff that was always willing to go the extra mile to make you happy. Very clean, Very pretty, Very efficient. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear holli e

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences during your stay in our hotel, We appreciate your comments as they are helpful to improve our services, I am glad you had a great time.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I couldn’t even stay at the hotel. I made my reservations thru the hotel website using the prepayment option (pre-pago) which gave me a lower rate than any website. When I was about to be done with the reservation, the webpage gave me an error and asked me to call reservations (didn’t specify an error, just appeared to be a webpage malfunction). When I called reservations, they told me that the reservations were made and gave me the confirmation numbers.
Since this was supposed to be a prepayment and I didn’t see any charges on my credit card, decided to confirm. After calling several numbers and finally deciding to send an e-mail, the answer I got was that the reservations got cancelled because the prepayment option only accepts Mexican credit cards.
Explained to them that the webpage never gave me the error that my credit card was rejected (just asked me to call reservations) and the person in reservations confirmed reservations were made and there were no issues and due to this circumstances, they should keep the same rate I got and create new reservations.
It took more than a week of me harassing them with a solution (they always promised to contact me and never did it on the day promised) until they came back saying that was their policy and they wouldn’t respect the given rate (the rate offered at that point was almost double and I had 10 days to get a hotel).
I’ll never consider them again as part of my vacations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Aaron Z
Jose Gustavo M, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Aaron Z
Please accept my apologies, I appreciate your comments as it helps us to improve our service, I will send it to our reservation call center.
Hope to see you soon in our hotel, our hotel is one of the best hotel in Guadalajara, it will be a pleasure to be your host.

Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

A stayed one night in this hotel on a business visit. Check-in was efficient, staff friendly. The room was spacious, bed comfortable, amenities -- good, the minibar surprised by a diverse choice of hard liquor. In the morning I was woken by the noise of streaming water from the neighbouring room (quite loud). Not sure if this was just my room, but the bathroom was not soundproof. Not a problem for me as I was jettlagged but may be an issue with those who are bothered by noise.
Concierge was very helpful and directed me to a very nice restaurant one block away from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jose Gustavo M, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Sergei P
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences during your stay in our hotel, We appreciate your comments as they are helpful to improve our services, I am glad you had a great time, I will be working on your coment.

Old Saybrook, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I spent several nights at the Fiesta Hotel on a business trip, and found the hotel to be fine. It is located in a busy area with plenty of restaurants in the area, and the hotel itself was nice. It was a bit older in terms of the interior design, but that gave it some local flavor.

Rooms were spacious, with a large bathroom and shower. With a first floor bar/club, and an upper level "executive" lounge, the Fiesta offers all that you need. Only issue that I experienced was that the staff was not over friendly or helpful, but that may have been due to my lack of speaking Spanish. It was not a problem for my stay, but it was not the usual friendly service that I have received at other hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike H
Dear Mike H

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

if you ever need to be in guadaljara fiesta americana grand is the place to stay !!! great service
the room are super clean great view, the food is also good and for the price is worth it and the concierge is great .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jose Gustavo M, Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Silvia M

Roseville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We travel a lot and this hotel met the minimums in every category, but was not at the top of any. It was good enough. The internet was 2 MBPS, good enough. The same with the food, the appearance, the pool, and the beach. Not memorable, but good enough for us to return, but we would probably try some place else first. We travel a lot and have been to Mexico many times, and have stayed at many places that were significantly better, but our only complaint is that there was nothing outstanding. However, good enough. The employees were very friendly, which is important to us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jose Gustavo M, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Guadalajara Country Club, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Al B
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences in one of our hotels, This is Fiesta Americana Grand Guadalajara, business class hotel and it´ll be a pleasure to welcome you to our beautiful city and hotel.