“Great place to stay, great experience !”
Review of Casa Vilasanta

Casa Vilasanta
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great Place to stay, great ambiance, and great staff.
I had a great stay here, and consider the staff practically family, but let me tell you a little about my accommodation, and what made it awesome. So one of the best things about this hostel is the community kitchen, it is a nightly fixture. I met so many wonderful people, and got a chance to practice my Spanish, in a relaxing social environment that it made the trip all the more worth it. I

Can't say enough about the place, my last day here I awoke to having homemade tortas ahogadas, and a chile relleno, all lovingly made by a great staff.

So many wonderful experiences :)

My one wish would be the wifi was a bit faster :), in the middle of the day it gets pretty slow.

Room Tip: Would recommend not being street side if you are late sleeper :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank David C
There are newer reviews for Casa Vilasanta

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I am so thankful to have found Casa Vilasanta.

The staff are lovely people (Hola Dafne!) and the place is very clean and comfortable. I loved all the bright colors and tucked away breakfast and reading nooks.

My friend from Guadalajara picked my girlfriend and I up at the hostel and was so impressed by its location that he came inside, checked the place out, and decided he would have his friends stay there when they came from out of town!

Casa Vilasanta is a few minutes walk from Chapultepec, one of the coolest neighborhoods in town. Its also nearby the historic center and the bus station that services the small towns on Lake Chapala. Plus, its a 30 second walk from Parque de la Revolucion (Parque Rojo to the locals,) which is a great place to rent bikes for the day.

My girlfriend and I stayed in a private room on the 2nd floor. It was nice to walk past the plethora of potted plants every time I went to my room.

I should mention they have a huge kitchen! And a fast WIFI connection. The staff all speak english very well.

I found out about Casa Vilasanta on Trip Advisor and couldn't have been happier with my stay there! I will definitely be back. Hasta entonces!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erik Kennon D
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hostel is outstanding and very clean. They have an excellent cleaning staff that do not only clean the common areas but also your rooms and I have never had a single item go missing. The staff sometimes cooks authentic Mexican food and will share. The location is great for those wanting to see historic Guadalajara, attending language courses, university students, or just a brief stop over. WiFi always works and the download speed is equivelant to the states. I have stayed in private and shared rooms; both are wonderful with large armoirs that you can lock. All rooms have working A/C. The second story has a gorgeous balcony with a large picnic table. Plants are abundant through out the entire hostel and they are actually cared for. Having visited several other hostels in the area, this is by far the best I saw.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Christopher H
Reviewed June 29, 2012

First and foremost, the whole "casa" is very beautiful. Graced with a lot of colors and both small and big plants, the place strikes you with a positive vibe that you instantly will fall in love with.

The shared rooms are very big and gracious. The private rooms are nice too. Common areas are always nice to hang out in. You can cook good dinners in the fine kitchen. The washing equipment is pretty good too.

Meet the staff, they are dynamic and very friendly - and will help you in any way possible. They even got their own "Super Mario" there. So if you have any problem, just yell "Willyyy!!". :-)

Location is also exquisite, being in the historic center that is within walking space of both downtown and the vibrant Chapultepec district.

Casa Vilasanta gets a thorough recommendation from me.
This might very well be your best budget bet for Guadalajara!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed here for a month and was more than pleased. The staff are very helpful and friendly. I stayed in a shared room but it is set up in such a way (2 levels) that I had my own space and was very comfortable. The location is great and allowed for me to walk to a lot of great places. I highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JVS567
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

This was a great value for money hostel. The only problem we had was that we were on the ground floor by the street & were woken up every night by car alarms, neighbours playing loud music all night, etc. However would still recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have been in Mexico almost three weeks and this hotel has been the best value I have found yet. The room is very clean nicely furnished, air conditioning and a comfortable bed. Every one of the staff members has been friendly and helpful. Although Guadalajara is rather spread out the hotel is in a historic neighborhood with affordable restaurants, cafes and bars in addition to some of the major sights.

Room Tip: Upstairs room was airy and quiet!
Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple