“You'll love Dickinson Guest House!”

Dickinson Guest House
Ranked #3 of 74 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 24, 2007

> If you're planning a vacation in beautiful Guadalajara and you'rere looking
for a neat, affordable place to stay, you must check out the charming Dickinson
Guest House. It's in the quaint district of Chapalita and is just a short
ride by taxi to the central district! The proprietor is James Dickinson. He
recently retired in Guadalajara after managing five star restaurants in the San
Francisco bay area.
> Jim's place is like a bed and breakfast without all the strict check in --“check out restrictions. An added plus is free phone service to North
America.
> Jim has some lovely antiques and art work and goes out of his way to make you
feel at home! I can'tt tell you how much I enjoyed staying at his guest house.
He is owner, concierge, tour guide, chef and friend, all in one!
> Marjorie Jones
> Phoenix, AZ

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank MarjorieJones

Reviewed July 20, 2007

I have just returned from a week stay at Jim Dickinson Guest House in Guadalajara Mexico. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice, clean and peaceful the house is. The house is furnished with great taste and many beautiful antiques. The bedroom where I slept is nicely decorated in yet another antique headbord and the bed was nice and firm. Jim made sure to have clean sheets and blankets all the time I was there. Also lots of clean towels in the bathroom with a lots-of- pressure shower.

Jim is a very good host and cook. He goes out of his way to not disturb you and if you want to sleep or just take a nap any time of the day he is very quiet . There are lots of good books in the house for those of us who may want to curl up in bed and just read.

The kitchen has a new big gas stove , a large modern refrigerator and all the utensils one finds in most homes.
Jim also makes sure that it is kept spotless.

The free telephone service to the US is great and I used it quite a lot. Also very nice to have Internet [wireless] connection. I also used it for hours to stay in touch with back home.

In short a very pleasant and enjoyable stay. I would recommend it as a great value and nice way to spend a week in Guadalajara.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank changoman
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Stayed at the Dickinson House in March of this year when I was I was in Guadalajara on a trip to buy furniture for the condo that I just bought in Puerto Vallarta. Jim the owner made what could have been a very stressfull trip a very relaxing and productive one considering all that I had to do. His recommendation for a personal shopper was fantastic. Her name was Ilse and really recommend her services for anyone that goes shopping in Guadalajara. Centrally located and a pleasant place to stay I give it high recommendations.

• Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank ztravelr
Reviewed April 30, 2007

I had the great fortune to find this property on the Internet recommended by others. As I was traveling to Guadalajara to explore the possiblity of moving there, it was necessary to find accomodations that were quiet, clean, convenient, and private so I could concentrate on my searching for living accomodations.

The Dickinson Guest House exceeded my expectations by a long shot! Not only was it located in a very convenient area for me with the required privacy, it provided me with a great room, great bed, with TV, DVD, Internet connection, and more. To top it off, the host, Jim Dickinson, proved to be very valuable in finding contacts who were of great assistance in exploring potential living areas. This was a bonus.

As a host, he went out of his way (unobtrusively) to make sure that I was comfortable while there.

I would never hesitate to recommend this accomodation for either the first time traveler to Guadalajara or to veteran travelers.

jimarmcoz

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank jimcoz
Reviewed April 25, 2007

I had a longer layover in Guadalajara than expected. I was tired and knew that I could not get out until the next day. I travel a lot and usually plan things out better. I came across this small home close to the airport. The price was right and was really looking just to get a good nights rest. It turned out to have much more than I expected. I would recommend this guesthouse to anyone looking for a more modern space that is not too big but close to restaurants. Actually several of them all within walking distance. Pleasant host was able to accommodate me with a quick notice. I am sorry that it has taken this long to review. I plan to return for some personal time in the area of Chapalita that have just discovered is where I was all the time! Look forward to a longer stay with the privacy that I think I will be needing! I have learned that this house has been somewhat of a secret in this area for some time. It's perfect for my needs. See you soon James, and thanks. Nice to know that you have added a few services that I will indeed be using. I am sure that
there are a few out there that know what Iam talking about. Geena

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank EHtravels
Reviewed March 26, 2007

I just returned from a two week trip to Mexico. One week in Puerto Vallarta and a week in Guadalajara. While in Guadalajara I stayed at the Dickinson Guest House. What a wonderful experience. James Dickinson was a great host, and always made himself available when needed for information or assistance. The house was also just a few blocks from a Spanish school I was attending for the week. When I return for my next Spanish language refresher, I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank CMAX5
Reviewed March 23, 2007

On our first visit to Mexico, our only option was a red-eye flight that landed at the Guadalajara airport at 5am. Mr. Dickinson gave us detailed instructions to help us get a cab to his guesthouse and was awake to greet us at 6am. He made sure we had breakfast at noon, arranged a tour guide for us, and helped us get bus tickets for next day travel.
The guest house is simple, not fancy, and is more American than Mexican. It is very clean and comfortable with a great little bedroom and bathroom with shower. Breakfast is simple and tasty. It's in a neighborhood that feels perfectly safe.
I know it sounds trite, but it's like staying at the home of a kind friend with a good sense of humor.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple