“A beautiful oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Venezuela

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guadalajara
Casa Venezuela
Ranked #8 of 61 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
Sydney
“A beautiful oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

This is a great place to stay when venturing to Guadalajara to explore Tequila country. George has gone to great job making this beautiful house a fantastic B & B in the middle of a very metropolitan city. His staff are fabulous, specially Francisco who cooks a mean breakky and was gracious in taking us to the local markets to sample the local produce and immerse ourselves in the mexican culture. George can organise anything for you, including a driver/van, restaurant reservations, etc. After a hard day of Tequila exploring, nothing beats coming home and sitting in the outdoor courtyard to relax and sample your brought product. This place is highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NIFT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2010

As warm and comfortable as a B & B can get. The fact there is ony 3 rooms means you can immediatley become friends with Groege the owner. He is charming, graciuos, charismatic and most of all hospitable. The house itself is amazing. It is beautiful and has an amazing courtyard that makes you feel your a million miles away from the hustle of the city. There are a couple of great restaurants close by and only 4 blocks away from a major street that has lots of restaurants. Highly recommend it those who are looking for a home from home while in Guadalajara.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank OwenCass
Truckee, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

Casa Venezuela is charming and beautifully furnished. George, the owner, could not have been nicer. Very accommodating, great shopping tips and directions. Francisco, his chef, prepared beautiful, delicious breakfasts with the finest and freshest ingredients. The presentation was lovely and we ate in a outdoor covered sitting area, complete with beautiful plants and a fountain. The private room/bath is well done and very comfortable. It also has wi-fi which is a plus! We travel to Guadalajara few times a year and staying at Casa Venezuela is always a highlight of our trip.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Garrison, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

As veteran visitors to Mexico, we loved the comfort and hospitality of Casa Venezuela. George made a wonderful host; couldn't do enough to make us feel at home in Guadalajara. And Francisco laid out absolutely marvelous spreads at breakfast, the best we've ever had at a B&B and a wonderful adventure each of our five days at the casa.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

I had absolutely wonderful time in Casa Venezuela. My host, George was very kind & attentive and my chef, Francisco cooks wonderful breakfast. The house is decorated beautifully. It was my first solo trip to Guadalajara, but I could get around the city very easily. I felt very safe around the neigborhood. I really could not ask more... I highly recommend this B&B in Guadalajara!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2010

The other glowing reviews here about Casa Venezuela are accurate. This place is a gem. Pretty house that is carefully decorated, good sized rooms and bathrooms, friendly hosts (George recognizes that some guests like to be social while others are more introverted and adjusts accordingly as I saw with the different people staying at the same time as I was).

And then there are the breakfasts. Francisco creates amazingly delicious breakfasts, influenced with Mexican traditions but truly modern and urbane in their taste and presentation. All presented with a great smile and demeanor.

Like any older house, there are a couple eccentricities... wifi performance varies from room to room but generally was fine in two different rooms that I stayed in, the neighborhood the house is in actually is very nice and an easy walk of anything (or to catch extremely cheap and safe taxis), but arriving from the airport has you arrive from the south where the neighborhood is more industrial and not as inviting as the block on where Casa Venezuela and the northern neighborhood is. Still, it appeared to be quite safe, and I felt fine walking late at night.

All in all, I cannot say enough good things about Casa Venezuela. Definitely the place to stay in Guadalajara. I didn't stay anywhere else, but I liked it so much I don't feel a desire to investigate elsewhere if I travel to the city again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2010

the absolute fabulousness of Casa Venezuela. Every time I think back on our time in Guadalajara, I can't help but smile because of the great time that we had. George is a gracious host, who knows how to run a B&B! The house, the room, the food... everything was PERFECT!

About Us: My husband's family is from Jalisco, and this was my first time in the heart of Mexico. Our total trip lasted 20 days and we spent the entirety of our time in Guadalajara (6 days) at Casa Venezuela. Before the trip, I was a bit apprehensive as I'm very picky about where to stay and what to eat. Our original plan was to stay at a hotel, but after some extensive research and review-reading, I made the decision to book our stay at Casa Venezuela, which was also our first time staying at a B&B.

About Casa Venezuela: Our flight came in at 6:30PM, so when we pulled up to the house, it was already dark outside. The first look at the house took my breath away. It was dark, save for the flickering candles in the entranceway and throughout the house. Not only did it look romantic, the smell throughout the house was equally appealing. George met us at the door, helped us drag our luggage into our room, and then took us on a quick tour of the entire house. The style is traditional Mexican and everything works so well with each other. George truly has an eye for details!

About Our Room: We stayed in the studio, which is just outside the front door and has it's own private entrance. Like the rest of the house, the room was exceptional. The bathroom was clean, and was well-stocked with towels, miscellaneous vanity items, a hair-dryer, and bottled water. The room is fitted with a king-sized bed that is oh-so-comfy! The mattress, sheets, pillows... all of it provided me the best sleep I'd had in a long time. Seriously, a couple days during our stay, I didn't even want to get out of bed. I could've stayed there all day long and been a happy girl.

About the Breakfasts: All the cooking was done by Francisco, who I believe is going to culinary school in Guadalajara. We started every morning with fresh-squeezed juice (the best juice I've ever had) out on the terrazza. After moving into the dining room, Francisco would serve us fresh fruit with locally made yogurt (YUM!). Then, it was time for the main course. My absolute favorite was the stuffed chile dish... to die for! The breakfasts were the perfect way to get us started for the day.

About George: As I, and many others, have already said, George is fantastic. He's all about making his guests feel comfortable and welcome. He was able to give us great recommendations for dinner (we went to his recommended taco stand at least 4 times during our stay), and helped us with how to get around town. He even walked us to the bus stop and made sure that we got on the right bus to Tonala.

About the Location: Casa Venezuela is in a great location. It's about $200 (pesos) to get to/from the airport. To get downtown, we took a taxi once from Chapultepec (several blocks away) and it was roughly $35. The bus, however, was only $9 (for two). To Tonala, the bus is still only $9! We also visited family and never spent more than $50 for a taxi.

So if you're on the fence about staying here, jump on down, and book your vacation with George. I guarantee that you won't regret it!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple