“Artful charm, character and hospitable assist”
Review of Casa Venezuela

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guadalajara
Casa Venezuela
Ranked #8 of 71 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2009

The perfect combination of privacy and sociability was provided by the Owner/Host George and Culinary Maestro, Francisco. The house is a bountiful visual delight of local design and art offerings. The upstairs library is bathed in morning sunlight, and the front terrace is a calm afternoon sanctuary. The room in which I was accomodated had every ammenity I could desire, including a very comfortable (king) bed with highest quality linens. The location is ideal, accessible to main thoroughfares without being plagued with the noise inherent in proximity. The quality of the complimentary breakfast feast can't be aptly described, suffice to say the attention to detail, presentation and quality is unsurpassed. I found George to be a knowledgeable, generous and genuine "host with the most" that made this (solo) traveler's experience just that much more perfect. HIghly recommend a stay at his Casa .

Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed June 13, 2009

This was our second visit to Casa Venezeula and we will be back again. The place feels and looks like a Mexican home located in a quite neighborhood that is walking distance to downtown, resturants, etc. George is a wonderful host and the made to order breakfast by Francisco spoiled us. We highly recommend this B and B.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2009

The rooms were wonderful....delicious white sheets, comfy duvets and sweet smelling pillows. The bathroom had a skylight and an incredible shower and all the little things necessary for an almost five star hotel stay. BUT.... that was not what made Casa Venezuela stand out....George is the perfect host. He is accessible, knowledgeable, friendly (but not intrusive) and helpful. He also knows how to hire staff.....Francisco makes one mean breakfast!!!! It surpassed my hopes and made my stay particularly enjoyable.....I would recommend it to anyone going to Guadalajara.....Oh, it is in a great neighbourhood, Colonia Americana, which is very central and it is easy to walk to lots of great sights and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Dear fellow travelers, if you are looking for a place that is intimate, clean, inclusive, and the best breakfast in town check out this B&B. The owner and staff were amazing. For example, in passing I had mentioned that I wished flower tortillas were more popular in the city and the next day we had a delicious breakfast with warm flower tortillas, freshly squeezed juice, and eggs made to order.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2009

We had a great time in Guadalajara and I believe our impression is greatly influenced by a wonderful host of Casa Venezuela. He greeted us, was very helpful, very easy to talk to. I stayed at some B&B where hosts were too much in my face trying to be helpful....with George it was completely the opposite. He was super helpful without being overbearing at all. My travelling buddy said it was like staying with the brother of the in-laws:) The room was very conmfortable and the location very good. The breakfast was simply great. I will definitely stay there again if I travel to Guadalajara.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2009

We recently decided to branch out from the usual hotel experience and try a B&B during a visit to Guadalajara. We couldn't have uncovered a more delightful treasure than Casa Venezuela! As many others have mentioned, George really takes care of you and instantly makes you feel like a member of the family. Francisco's breakfasts are superb and the evening wine and cocktails on the back patio are a wonderful ending to your day. In between, you'll enjoy taking in the beautifully-decorated home and hanging out with the resident dog and cat who really run the place (of course). There was always plenty of free parking on the street and you're only a 5-10 minute walk from a variety of restaurants and shops -- and we always felt completely safe and secure while inside the home and as we explored the neighborhood on foot.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2009

I stayed here for three fantstic nights and am greatful I did as the people speak English and it was a place I could rejuvenate in...which is really important to me when travelling.
This place is quite luxurious...with attention to detail..I can't see that you can find a better B and B in Guadalajara. Everything is up to date and is a great place to return to after a tiring day travelling about.
The staff make it feel like you are returning home and can really relax and rejuvenate. It is quiet and comfortable.

The breakfasts are something else, with a private chef...serving exquisite meals .

The service is next to none , they take an interest in making sure your trip goes well and you sure don't get that too often in Mexico.
You might pay a few extra dollars to stay here but you are treating yourself to a great, peaceful and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo