“not bad price, small beds”

Ibis Guadalajara Expo
Ranked #40 of 130 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights. Great location. Staff were ok. Excellent price. Paid $55 a night including taxes thru expedia. The rooms were tiny, small beds. Towels were not bleached. Overall not bad. Great breakfast, car rental agency on site.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed February 9, 2011

We chose this hotel in GDL because of the good price and the decent reviews in Tripadvisor. The location is a bit outside the city center but it´s very easy to go to the center by bus. The bus stop is just a few meters from the reception and it takes about 10-20 minutes depending on traffic. The rooms are quite nice and of typical Ibis standard. The breakfast was also nice with a mix of hot food, fresh fruits, good coffee etc. The only thing we found strange was the pool. We booked the hotel about 2-3 months in advance and there was information about that the pool was closed for rebuilding/renovation. I thought that it would be finished by time we got there but it was still closed. And there was no activity around the pool, no one working there so I guess it´s permanently out of order? It was not a big problem for us but it would have been nice to have som sun and a few laps in the pool after a hot day in the city.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Compared to American standards, I would consider it a tiny room, with tiny beds (smaller than a single) but it was comfortable enough. The shower smelled a little moldy, but looked clean enough. Wi-fi was free but a little sporadic depending on where you were in the hotel. Business center advertised, but it was stripped bare. Pool area looked nice, but pool was drained (mid may stay, kinda strange for summer?) Breakfast area and patio were very comfortable and stylish. Breakfast itself was actually very good. Variety of Hot food selection as well as expected continental choices, and fresh fruit.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I stayed at tiny room hotels in Guadalajara before, like Intercity on City Express Junior, but this one surprised me for bad. The carpet looks very cheap and not clean and top of that the towels, in spite they once were white, they are not any more, that's awful. Definitively not recommendable.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Favalox
Accor_Mexico, General Manager at Ibis Guadalajara Expo, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Guadalajara Expo. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Ricardo Pacheco
Hotel Ibis Guadalajara Expo

Reviewed September 22, 2009

Looking into our budget, when we planned the trip we booked a hostel of which we had to run away on the first morning. We found Ibis and singed in and were happy every day abour our decision. Only 200 pesos more expensive than the hostel but with real rooms, AC. tv, clean bathroom and superb breakfast.
I recommend it for budget travel or buisness.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2006

I stayed at the Ibis for the first time last week as it is in walking distance of my business in Guadalajara. Other than the very low price, I really was not impressed. The brand new rooms are already showing signs or wear and tear due to low quality materials and poor maintenance. The lobby is a zoo, not tranquil or business like at all. The breakfast is inedible (not at all fresh or clean) and I left and went to McDonalds which was a five star restaurant in comparison.

However, I returned this week, as sometimes when traveling on business, location is more important than anything else. I took a 6:20 a.m. flight on Tuesday and worked all day in Guadalajara and did not get to the hotel till 10:30 p.m. They overbooked, there was screaming and madness at the front desk. My American Express guaranteed booking via a brand new corporate account was not honored. Not even an apology. No help in booking another hotel. I saw American travellers trying to figure out what to do as Guadalajara seemed to be pretty full that night. I called home from my cell phone and disturbed my family and they used the phone book to locate finally the Fiesta Inn, which is nothing special but when comparing it to the awfulf Ibis Guadalajara, it is like a Ritz Carlton of Four Seasons. (I am writing from the Fiesta Inn right now via their wireless internet, something else missing at Ibis.

I pity the poor business travellers who had no idea of where to go and got no help from Ibis. I guess they hung around the Ibis lobby until security threw them in the street.

Do not stay at the Ibis Guadalajara. It is nothing more than a big disappointment with zero service. It is still brand new but based on the low standards of quality control, customer service and maintenance, in another six months, it won't be able to attract anyone other than very short stays. It is a real dump.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Happy_on_the_road
Reviewed September 9, 2006

My husband and I arrived at the Ibis fairly early in the morning and the staff welcomed us warmly. The lobby and adjacent breakfast areas were busy busy. The hotel had only been opened a few days and we thought there might be a few glitches, but really there were none.

This awesome little hotel is well placed across from the World Trade Centre on Avenue Mariano Otero and within walking distance of Plaza del Sol. A taxi from Central Guad cost MX$50.00 (about $4.50) but we had been told that a taxi from the long distance bus station would cost MX120.00. The hotel is so new that taxi drivers had never heard of it.

Check-in was smooth and efficient and the desk agents were friendly and proud to be working in the new hotel. As per Ibis standards, the rooms are small but very efficient, and certainly great value for the money. Because everything was new there were no issues whatsoever with anything inside the room. The Ibis offers complimentary internet in an area next to the lobby and has an outdoor swimming pool.

We enjoyed the delicious breakfast buffet for MX$57.00 each. The dining area is bright and modern.

We will definitely stay at the Ibis again when we return to Guadalajara.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank hereandthere