“La perla does not disappoint”

La Perla Hotel Boutique B&B
Ranked #1 of 71 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Once again I find myself revisiting this boutique hotel. I have stayed here on three occasions and does not disappoint. The attention to every detail in this super clean hotel is everywhere. All three bedrooms are georgeous. The morning buffet is great! and fullfiling. Myself and my husband would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: All rooms face the street. Theatro the largest. Radio is the smallest and has a balcony for two...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have visited Guadalajara on business for years, usually staying at the Hotel Morales or the Posada del Marques, and have been very happy with both, but have now discovered a whole new level of comfort and hospitality at La Perla. I discovered this place on line and the reviews do not mislead. The booking process was very smooth and I was provided with lots of pre arrival info that was very helpful. When the taxi pulled up front, both owners came out to welcome me and help with the luggage. The house is beautiful, beautifully restored and well furnished and decorated. Each of the three rooms (I got to see them all) is unique with its own charms and advantages. I hope on future visits to stay in each. I could have lazed around the La Perla all day (and did my best) but unfortunately, had to leave for work. The owners could not be better hosts. I felt like I was staying at someone's home----in a GOOD way. It's like your private entrée into Guadalajara life, Chris and Lars have so much information, experience and news to share. My favorite moments include: sitting on the screened front porch chatting over a glass of wine and watching the world pass by on Prado street; watching a technicolor sunset from the lovely terrace; starting the day with a delicious and beautifully served breakfast. I think it's a great location, with lots in walking distance. If you have heard yourself described as a friendly, positive and appreciate traveler, this is your place. If not, please stay away---you'll just spoil it for the rest of us ; - )

Room Tip: Each room is unique: one is best for late sleepers, one has huge bathroom; one has lovely balcony...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013

my wife and i,

wen't to guadalajara / mexico the first time in 2011 to visit friends from my wife.
because she is very romantic, she wanted to stay in a nice location.
therefore she choose la perla, wich was simple perfect to do.
the way we have been welcomed was like as if we were old friends.
every wish we had, christofer and lorenzo, knew it before we could even ask for it.
and many times they even didn't charge extra for it !
friends we wanted to visit, visited us in la perla at the rooftop as if it was our own house !
from there you can see the cathedral wich leads me to the next point.
despite the fact la perla is situated in the hard of guadalajara it's very quiet in the night and safe; no problem to get home safe and have a deep sleep.
the house is probably in art deco or colonialstyle and the rooms have tall ceiling, very clean, including bathroom.

we have been there allready the second time but not the last time.

cheerio
raphael from lucerne / switzerland

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Nestled in the historic center of Guadalajara, La Perla Bed and Breakfast continues to serve as a leading gem for lodging in one of Mexico's hippest cities. My partner and I booked a five-night stay at La Perla last month for our fifth anniversary. It was our third visit to Guadalajara and La Perla. We consider the proprietors Lars and Christopher close friends at this point.

Our favorite room in La Perla is Cine. To be more correct, it is a two-room suite that features a quaint sitting room with double french doors that lead onto a zen-like balcony. We particularly love the bedroom because it is restful--we can never gage what time of day it is whether we lay down for bedtime or an afternoon siesta.

On this trip, we were looking for a lowkey getaway with no daily agenda. We were feeling bruised from our fast-paced, frenetic life in the US. Lars and Chris were able to tailor our visit around those parameters. The guys are highly intuitive and adaptable; they know when to be hands-on and when to back off depending on the nature of each specific guest. While I can go on and on about the physical beauty of La Perla itself, it is Lars and Chris that make a visit to Guadalajara synonomous with a homecoming. In fact, I would venture to say that Lars, Christopher, and La Perla are the key reasons we keep returnng to Guadalajara. We just can't get enough!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had such a wonderful time at LaPerla in Guadalajara. The surroundings are absolutely beautiful and have lots of creature comforts. The two hosts, Christopher and Lars, are very attuned to the wants and needs of their guests and make every effort to fulfill them (besides they are both lots of fun). We took advantage of the balcony outside our room to sit and drink wine and eat pizza delivered by Christopher.

LaPerla is located in the middle of Guadalajara and in walking distance of many wonderful restaurants and bars. It is also close enough to walk to El Centro for performances and art viewing. Lars and Christopher know the area well and make super recommendations. You also feel very safe at all times.

I look forward to returning to LaPerla soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I know Guadalajara because i have lived there for a year. In that year i have seen allot of the city. when i went back i stayed at the most ''so called best hotels'' paying a couple hundred dollars a day.
till i stayed at La Perla. The hotel, the rooms, the area are really a treat to any one that ones to see the city of down town. or wants to be close to any were in the city.
the hotels rooms are much nicer and have so much more caracter. i stayed in boutique hotels before, but never i felt so safe as i did in this hotel, in the midle of the city!.
i discovered very nice restaurants and bars and all at walking distance,
all of this was still not the best thing about the hotel. that was the people. chris and lars how run the hotel are great people and accummodated me like i was there family. i had a fantastic time and gained 2 amazing friends. thank you guys for everything you did for me! I will definitly come back to visit you guys and to your amazing place!
with love! Pablo from Honduras ;-)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at B&Bs all over the world and we both agree that we have never had a better experience than we had at La Perla. The house is lovely, the rooms are well appointed, and the art is beautiful, but none of those things measure up to the warmth and hospitaltity of the Lorenzo and Christopher. Lorenzo is fond of saying, "we do everything to the best of of our ability," and it shows. From the first greeting to our last goodbye Lorenzo made it his purpose to discover what we enjoyed and recommend those things in Guadalajara that he thought would interest us -- and, he was spot on and that made for a great vacation. But, Lorenzo and Christopher do so much more than host guests at a B&B, they actually roll you into their lives in Mexico. We met their friends and family. We shared stories and wine -- and we left Guadaljara with two new friends. La Perla was truly the best expereince we have ever had at a B&B.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple