“Deeply friendly”

La Perla Hotel Boutique B&B
Ranked #1 of 63 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Lars and Cristobal were at once easy going and attentive. A very nice mix for our stay. Also, the roof deck is lovely. Finally, there is an internet phone and I was able to make a business call with excellent sound quality. It is definitely my intention to return.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for La Perla Hotel Boutique B&B

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I has been the most pleasant b&b i have ever visited great rooms, great history, great hosts, the way everything is decorated and the attention they have to every single detail for you to comfortable ... It was just incredible.
The location is just at the right distance to walk all along av Vallarta and get to many interesting places...
I just loved staying there, hope you enjoy staying there too...

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have stayed here once before and what can I say?? A wonderful warm inviting experience!
Their high standards, yet relaxed atmosphere again have surpassed my expectations.
The hosts make everyone feel like a close family friend.
The attention to detail falls into the category of "gosh!!!! All this for me?". And if you wanting to improve your Spanish, the staff and Cristobal are more than willing to help. Ask Lara regarding the pedigree of the house. It will not disappoint.
This boutique hotel is always a 5 rhapsody on my list of excellence.

Please visit. It is worth every moment.
Ciao

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed May 29, 2012

For the price of a night you get a wealth of Guadalajara knowledge from those who know and love it best. Whether you are looking for a little R&R down-time or want to see and do all there is to do in Guadalajara by day or by night, this is definitely a travelers dream! Lars, Cristobal, and Memo are sure to make your stay both memorable and pleasurable. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and elegantly appointed. When booking, you can usually choose between a sligh...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I’ve stayed in more than 100 B&Bs over the years and La Perla is definitely one of the best, 5 star all the way.

I had planned a two week trip to Guadalajara for some cosmetic surgery and wanted a quite, comfortable, safe place to recover. The first B&B (in Tlaquepaque) I contacted took my reservation on the phone, then emailed me the next day and said they decided they didn’t want me since I was going to be post surgical? Imagine my surprise.

I then contacted La Perla and they couldn’t have been more helpful. Everything was done on the phone (and confirmed by email) and Lars was so helpful. When we arrived (my husband and I) just two days after my surgery, we were greeted with open arms and La Perla became our home for the next week.

I had read reviews online and was expecting upscale quality, but La Perla exceeded all my expectations! The house is beautifully decorated, conveniently located, the bedding and linens were top quality and our hosts Lars and Christopher could not have been nicer or more helpful. The value received far exceeded the cost and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: there's not a bad room!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My wife and I recently visited Guadalajara on the last leg of our trip to Mexico and, looking for something more intimate than the usual hotel chains, decided to stay at La Perla. I must say, I've traveled all around the world and stayed at numerous hotels and bed and breakfasts and have never experienced the level of service and care as Lars, Christopher and the rest of the staff extended to us during our stay at La Perla. Five star service, accommodations and location for those looking to catch the many wonderful sites of Guadalajara on foot. Yes, the cathedrals, museums and tour buses are just a short walk away from La Perla. And after a full day of seeing the sights, we were greeted with a glass of wine and a carriage ride to a four star restaurant. It doesn't get any better than this! Thank you Lars and Christopher for an extremely memorable stay!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

GDL was one of our last stops as part of our Mexican roadtrip. We had driven from Guanajuato and got in by noon. Both Lars and Cristobal and Memo were very welcoming and gave us some tips on what to do and where to go. No other guests were staying in the B&B so it felt like home. Extremely polite and interesting to talk to. Ended up staying up later than expected (after our busy day in town) just hanging out with them.

I want to come back for a weekend and experience GDL's nightlife that they talked about... We were there two nights and the last day we had an early start as we were taking the bus to Puerto Vallarta. They were very accommodating and got up early to serve breakfast.

Totally recommended. I'll be sure to stay with them whenever my travels bring me back to GDL

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family