“Warm, hospitable, friendly, and definitely not your average!”

La Perla Hotel Boutique B&B
Ranked #1 of 61 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Warm, hospitable, friendly, and definitely not your average!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have stayed here once before and what can I say?? A wonderful warm inviting experience!
Their high standards, yet relaxed atmosphere again have surpassed my expectations.
The hosts make everyone feel like a close family friend.
The attention to detail falls into the category of "gosh!!!! All this for me?". And if you wanting to improve your Spanish, the staff and Cristobal are more than willing to help. Ask Lara regarding the pedigree of the house. It will not disappoint.
This boutique hotel is always a 5 rhapsody on my list of excellence.

Please visit. It is worth every moment.
Ciao

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2012

For the price of a night you get a wealth of Guadalajara knowledge from those who know and love it best. Whether you are looking for a little R&R down-time or want to see and do all there is to do in Guadalajara by day or by night, this is definitely a travelers dream! Lars, Cristobal, and Memo are sure to make your stay both memorable and pleasurable. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious and elegantly appointed. When booking, you can usually choose between a sligh...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I’ve stayed in more than 100 B&Bs over the years and La Perla is definitely one of the best, 5 star all the way.

I had planned a two week trip to Guadalajara for some cosmetic surgery and wanted a quite, comfortable, safe place to recover. The first B&B (in Tlaquepaque) I contacted took my reservation on the phone, then emailed me the next day and said they decided they didn’t want me since I was going to be post surgical? Imagine my surprise.

I then contacted La Perla and they couldn’t have been more helpful. Everything was done on the phone (and confirmed by email) and Lars was so helpful. When we arrived (my husband and I) just two days after my surgery, we were greeted with open arms and La Perla became our home for the next week.

I had read reviews online and was expecting upscale quality, but La Perla exceeded all my expectations! The house is beautifully decorated, conveniently located, the bedding and linens were top quality and our hosts Lars and Christopher could not have been nicer or more helpful. The value received far exceeded the cost and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: there's not a bad room!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My wife and I recently visited Guadalajara on the last leg of our trip to Mexico and, looking for something more intimate than the usual hotel chains, decided to stay at La Perla. I must say, I've traveled all around the world and stayed at numerous hotels and bed and breakfasts and have never experienced the level of service and care as Lars, Christopher and the rest of the staff extended to us during our stay at La Perla. Five star service, accommodations and location for those looking to catch the many wonderful sites of Guadalajara on foot. Yes, the cathedrals, museums and tour buses are just a short walk away from La Perla. And after a full day of seeing the sights, we were greeted with a glass of wine and a carriage ride to a four star restaurant. It doesn't get any better than this! Thank you Lars and Christopher for an extremely memorable stay!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed April 9, 2012

GDL was one of our last stops as part of our Mexican roadtrip. We had driven from Guanajuato and got in by noon. Both Lars and Cristobal and Memo were very welcoming and gave us some tips on what to do and where to go. No other guests were staying in the B&B so it felt like home. Extremely polite and interesting to talk to. Ended up staying up later than expected (after our busy day in town) just hanging out with them.

I want to come back for a weekend and experience GDL's nightlife that they talked about... We were there two nights and the last day we had an early start as we were taking the bus to Puerto Vallarta. They were very accommodating and got up early to serve breakfast.

Totally recommended. I'll be sure to stay with them whenever my travels bring me back to GDL

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lafayette, California
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My wife and I recently visited Guadalajara and wished to stay in a more prestigious area than the usual tourist area of Tlaquepaque and Tonola. We were so fortunate to book with La Perla located in the Colonial America area. Cris and Lars are wonderful hosts and go way beyond what we expected for service. Lars spent an evening and a morning showing us the area with it's turn of the century opulent colonial homes many of which have been converted into retaurants and shops.The Inn is charming, loaded with antiques and the two host the display young aspiring artist works thoughout the rooms. Dean and Christel

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We were there for 3 wonderful days, and what made it wonderful was the superb hospitality by Lars and Chris and Memo and the entire staff. First, the building is beautiful, the rooms were just decorated with the right mix of charm and modern conveniences, and breakfast was great. Secondly, if you get the priviledge of going on a walking tour with Lars, make sure you do! Bring good walking shoes, and get ready for an fun, insider's tour of the city. Also, the recommendations for restaurants and where to shop were spot on. We felt like we were at home and will return soon. THIS is the place to stay!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends