After all the other comments, all that I can say is that this is a great hotel to stay in. It's perfectly located; you just walk 1-5 blocks to the Cathedral, theater, 450-150 year old buildings, stores, or to the "San Juan De Dios" market to buy candy or souvenirs. The Hotel is clean and spacious. Love the building and its charm. I love the fact that they have wooden floors versus carpet. Staff is friendly and helpful.
- The breakfast buffet is really good.
- The spa it is not in the hotel. We ended up not making it, so I can't give you more info.
- There are always taxis waiting outside the hotel to take you anywhere you need to go.
- There is a WalMart about 5 minutes away in taxi.
- Within two-three blocks around the hotel there are pharmacies, money exchange houses, restaurants, a frozen yogurt place...
- Right across the street from the hotel there is a taco place. The tacos are GOOD.
- Outside the church kitty or catty corner from the hotel, they sell mexican bread, tamales and champurrado. YUM!
If I had to point out something...I would say that yes, they could update their bedding, BUT I had NO problems sleeping. Second and last thing, the elevators are not the biggest, but they are clean and work just fine. I would normally use the stairs just because they were nice, and are open to the main layout, like stairs in your home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms have Colonial Decoration & Architecture, T.V. with Cable and Remote Control, Free High-speed Internet access and/or wifi, Air Conditioning, Safe Box, Wood Floor, Electronic Lock, Coffee Maker with a free courtesy on the first night, Telephone, Wardrobe , Alarm clock, Iron & Ironing Board and Private Bathroom with Hairdryer and Vanity Mirror. We are happy to inform you that we have a CONCIERGE who can help you with just about anything you need: Car rental, restaurant reservations, information about the different tours or places to visit in Guadalajara, etc. His name is Manuel Mejia FACILITIES:guest's Parking, Spa, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Gym, Room Service 24 hrs,Bar with live music Wednesday and Thursday from 19:00 to 22:00 , Panoramic Terrace, Meeting Rooms, Two Elevators, Business Center, Public Telephones, among other services. Historic & Colonial building under protection of I.N.A.H. (National Anthropology & History Board of Mexico). Artistic Heritage and Architectonical Jewel of this city, restored in 2005. Is is located 3 blocks away from Cathedral, Government Palaces and Degollado Theater. Do not forget to visit our web page where you will find everything about the fascinating Hotel Morales our History and our most distinguished guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Morales Historical & Colonial Downtown Core reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Morales Historical And Colonial Downtown Core
- Hotel Morales Guadalajara