“Amazing hostel”

Blue Pepper Hostel
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing hostel”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed in two hostels in Guadalajara and Blue Pepper was by far the best. The building is nice and modern on the inside. Great outside patio area for eating, drinking and relaxing. Beds are comfy enough. The owner Alex is great and knows his stuff about Guadalajara for clubbing, food and transport. I didnt do any but they also organise tours for you. Has a pool table, PS3, movies and cable TV. Good variety breakfast and a big kitchen for cooking your own stuff. As others have said bit far out from Centro but theres a heap of frequent buses nearby and its close to the trendy Avenida Chapultepec which has great bars, cafes and restaurantrs. If I´m in Guadalajara again I´ll be staying here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
BluePepperHostel, Gerente at Blue Pepper Hostel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thanks for your kind review. We hope that you come back to Guadalajara some day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brescia, Italy
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was among the first customers and staff was great, offering us a clubbing night.
rooms are comfortable and clean, the bathroom was comfortable and clean too. the breakfast was very rich and good. the hostel is quite far from the city center: 20-30 minutes by walking, but we didn't search for buses. anyway it's next to the boulevard chapultepec, the heart of guadalajara's party. I advice it absolutely!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
BluePepperHostel, General Manager at Blue Pepper Hostel, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Grazie mille for sharing your comments, lots of greetings and see you next time.
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I spend nearly a week there. I was so much fun. Both the guest and the employees was really nice, and there was a nice community feeling at Blue Pepper. I joined the arranged tour with them, it was a nice way to see more of beautiful Mexico.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We are really happy you enjoyed the tour and your stay at Blue Pepper Hostel and we wish you the best in your traveling experience.

Greetings.
Cromwell, Otago, New Zealand
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Awesome hostel. The guys are super friendly, great fun, up for a good time and helpful. I ended up staying for an extra few days because I liked the hostel and environment so much. As did a few others that I meet there.

Room Tip: I had the all girls dorm with an ensuite, the room was huge for just four bed. Sunny room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ailsa C
We hope you are doing great back in New Zeland Alisa, we had such an awesome time when you visited us and hopefully we can see you again some day. Saludos cordiales desde Guadalajara, la tierra del Tequila.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Blue Pepper, mainly because the receptionists and guests were a lot of fun to hang out with. I enjoyed the environment so much that I stayed inside of the hostel much more than I usually do when I travel, though I was able to meet other backpackers in the hostel to go tour around the city with. If you are planning a trip to GDL by yourself or with friends, make sure you rent a room here.

The hostel itself is super clean and offers the basic amenities you'd expect. The location--right in the trendy SoHo-ish part of town and well connected to the other parts--is what makes the hostel really stand out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
It was a pleasure having you as a guest Elly, what you are doing in Puerto Vallarta with Investours is amazing and we will keep supporting you as well. Good luck!!!