One Guadalajara Centro
$72
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
European Life Style Suites(Guadalajara)(Great Value!)
$39
$70
$37
$71
$63
Country Hotel and Suites(Guadalajara)(Great Value!)
$28
Agoda.com
Perla Central Hotel(Guadalajara)(Great Value!)
$44
All reviewssmall showergreat locationfree breakfastrooms were very cleanyogurthotel is locatedelevatorhistoricokeyac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2014

If you want to be in the Centro Histórico, you can't beat this hotel which is diagonal to the Cathedral and in front of the Palacio de Gobierno. It is quite inexpensive (aprox. US$75 a night) so don't expect much in creature comforts: rooms are small but very clean and well designed. Includes wifi and a breakfast buffet (didn't try it as it didn't look very appetizing and the sitting area wasn't very inviting). Service at the front desk was efficient; also, the few things I requested were sent to my room in minutes. Jorge was particularly friendly and helpful. The entrance to the hotel is on a very busy avenue were you can't stop to unload; it also hasn't any on-site parking, although there are parking garages close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the Cathedral and Palacio de Gobierno.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for three nights. The room is small, it was basically to rest. Small shower with great pressure and hot water. Loved the bed. We worked in the hotel meeting room. Great wifi connection. Stayed in a room away from the main street infront of it. It has a great view and balconies. Had breakfast included, fruit, yougurt and coffe. The staff was amazing. A great deal of thanks to Hector, he was in charge of letting ypu know how things worked. The lobby plays great music all day and all night. In walking distance of great eating places and if you just need a drink to relax. Would stay there for business only.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I arrived at the hotel on Tuesday morning at 7am expecting that I would have to leave my bags and use my room when it is ready. It was a quiet week in town and the room was ready. They let me check in early. Was very happy until they mentioned that they would have to charge me half of the daily room rate for an early check in. I did it anyway because it was worth it to have the room early. But that was the first time I had experienced a charge for that. I am planning on checking out on Friday at 4:30am but they didn't offer to reduce my rate because of my early check out.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank jERRYYOUNG222
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel from Mar. 13 to Mar.20. We had a wonderful view from our room 402 which had a balcony overlooking the Plaza de Armas and the Catredral. There is one chair in the room. We asked the housekeeper for an additional chair and my wife and I sat out on the balcony and enjoyed cocktails in the afternoon. The staff were very accommodating. They have a ice machine in the lobby and free typical Mexico breakfast. The manager, Hector, was always around an very friendly. Room was small but very very clean.

The only minor things were the AC was kind of spotty, and at times there was a ”sewer” smell that apparently came out of the air vent.

Because of the location and price, I would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Higher rooms offer best view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I am in the midst of a four night stay here at One GDL Centro, and it is great - for its purpose! Yes, the rooms are small and equipped with modular furniture, and there is one chair, no sofa, a small hanging area and a shelf for everything else. So, if you are coming in from nearby for an overnight or two, or are in business, you will be very pleased. But you are not going to invite friends up for a drink or spend the day lounging around. That's just not the kind of place it is. The location is beyond perfect, there are restaurants right close and a pharmacy in Sanborn's across the street. (I mention this in response to another review.) I would stay here again in a Mexican momentito.

Oh, and when I got to my room there was no hot water and the phone didn't work. Someone was up to fix everything within 15 minutes.

Room Tip: If you want the best view, ask for the plaza des Armas side. It's not quiet, but I find if I close the sliding door and use the Ac, it's fine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo