“GOOD AMBIANCE , EXCELENT SERVICE”

La Bocha Asador Argentino
Ranked #96 of 1,129 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Guadalajara, Mexico
“GOOD AMBIANCE , EXCELENT SERVICE”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been twice at this Argentinian steak house , as far es the food goes is
is quite good without being outstanding, and I do have to say is over priced
I was very pleased to find out that they
turned the music down a bit , it was extremely loud the first time and I had my doubts to comeback, the place is beautifully decorated by local artisans and the ambiance is great ,
what really caught my attention though is that the service is excellent, they are willing to
please you as much as possible , the timings are just right and the manager is very aware of all of his costumers and that really , really counts.
but it wouldn't hurt them at all to serve the pasta with sausage in a much more generous portion it about look like an appetizer......

• Visited September 2012

Canada
“Fantastic service and setting - food is so-so though”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I'm giving this a "very good" rating exclusively for the service and the ambiance, and not for the food per se. We visited, intending to go for drinks after work on a Friday, and ended up staying for dinner. We had 3 different servers throughout the evening, and they were all extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurant, named the "Polo Ball" in Spanish, has a very open design, with a garden area in the back. We had the fried olives stuffed with meat, the tuna carpaccio, and the beef sweetbreads to start. The olives and sweetbreads were good, but the tuna carpaccio was not the freshest or tastiest. For the main, we shared a ribeye steak, which was not a thick cut, and their souffle potatoes, which are apparently their specialty. The main, I'm sorry to say, was pretty average. Also tried their roasted artichoke hearts, which were good. The roasted portabello mushrooms you can get on the side were good. They had burrata on their seasonal menu, and when I asked about it (I've never seen burrata in grocery stores here) the server got the chef to come out and give me a sample to try (was delicious, salty and creamy).

All in all, the place has a great energy, and due to the servers and the treatment we received, plus the attractive setting, we still plan to give this place another shot for the food. We're really hoping we walk away raving about it in the future.

• Visited August 2012
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Nice ambientation, food not spectacular and slow service”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The place has great ambient with lights, music for a nice chat and a good variety of Cocktails. Price is average for the zone but I was a little disappointed with the quality of food, which was nothing spectacular. There are plenty places in area with Pizzas and for a good steak I would rather go to other specialized Argentinian restaurant.

There are enough waiters but are very slow and poor coordinated.

Nice idea with the desserts Menu

I may give them another chance as the wine cellar seems pretty awesome.

• Visited July 2012