“Lovely casual bistro - sad to have discovered it 10 days before moving away from Mexico!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Ideal

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Found this the other day, in the midst of movers packing up all of our things! We can't believe we found such a great place so late in our stay in Mexico.

The "caracoles" (or escargots) were amazing - tender and juicy. Tuna tartare was beautifully presented and very flavourful. The fried calamari was also wonderful. For mains by husband had penne pomodoro - he wasn't as happy with this as we were with the appetizers - and I had the grilled shrimp and an order of the eggplant parmesan. The shrimp was perfectly done, but the eggplant parmesan was not a winner for me - just not well balanced and too much acidity from using fresh cherry tomatoes. But, we loved the atmosphere and the servers, and I'm heading back today to try even more dishes.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

San Diego, California
“Great neighbourhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I happened to find this restaurant by coincidence (I was walking by the neighbourhood and just came across it) and what a find, it was simply perfect in every way! Tapas style starters were great, I recommend the octopus Galician style. I liked it so much that I came back the next day (also for lunch) to savour it again, it did not disappoint. The Tuna steak was also cooked to perfection and it came with a small green salad that complemented it.
This restaurant rounded off a perfect 4 day stay in Colonia Providencia, Guadalajara.

• Visited September 2012