See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 12, 2007

I’m learning Spanish in this beautiful city, at IMAC.
As I´m staying a month and a half, they suggest me the Hotel Cervantes.
No best option possible: is only one block from the institute, and a walking distance from downtown and historic places.
Besides, the staff is so helpful that you don’t feel far from home. Nice, clean and colorful rooms, a swimming pool for relax, definitely the best option I can get for a so long staying.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank JoanSedona
Reviewed November 7, 2006

The best place to stay in Guadlajara. This was our third stay this year and will be our home in Guadlajara whenever we go there.
The staff is excellent and helpful and we love the dining room located in the lobby along with reasonable prices and extended hours of operation. If you drive, the private secure parking facility is a good reason alone to choose the Cervantes.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank menwhotravel
Reviewed July 4, 2006

Close to Centro, many attractions are within walking distance. City hotel: always felt safe on surrounding streets. Friendly, attentive staff but not all are English speakers. Clean lobby, clean room (no alarm clock or hair dryer). Were there for vacation and view it as a good value for our money. Would go back.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank Liam92656
Reviewed December 7, 2005

I have stayed there many times and never had a bad experience. Good price, great people, and great central location. I suggest asking for an inside room, away from the street, if you want quiet, as GDL is very lively. The restaurant is good also: try the "green juice(jugo verde)" I hope you like this hotel as much as I do!

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank RichardDenver2014
Reviewed October 6, 2005

We just returned from a lovely visit to Guadalajara - lovely because we chose to leave the Cervantes after the first night there!!!

While the staff was nice enough, the rooms were not clean. Sheets on the bed had not been changed, bathroom fans were so loud that you couldn't hear yourself think (they turn on automatically with the bathroom light). The bathrooms themselves were dark and musty with hints of mildew in the shower and sink.

We requested non-smoking rooms due to allergies and were instead given rooms with ashtrays. After a few minutes, it was clear that we were given smoking rooms. After requesting new "non-smoking" rooms, we were moved - to another room that smelled of smoke. This was not due to communication barriers but rather to a staff that just didn't seem to care much about their guests.

My husband, who is from Guadalajara was also not thrilled with the location of the hotel - he felt it was not safe for us to be walking around in after dark, especially with a toddler.

Worst of all was the smell. The entire hotel smelled of sour mold mixed with cigarettes. We all woke up congested as if we had spent the night in a smokey bar! We left that next day to the Mendoza which was SO MUCH better in every way. I have to admit that I am disappointed in Cervantes, especially after reading such great reviews of the location on this website. I will never go to the Cervantes again.

• Stayed: September 2005