See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Would recommend. Rooms were spacious and clean albeit simple. Great location, friendly staff and great value. Internet access in room was spotty. All in all, would recommend.

Date of stay: March 2012
2  Thank gwgreen
Reviewed November 18, 2011

For touring the historic center of GDL, Cervantes is hard to beat for value & location. One of two double beds had a tired mattress (spring poking out). Room was large, bright & clean in a '70s-modern way, survivable tho showing wear. Desk and housekeeping staff were polite, readily engaged when asked for help.
Very urban location (don't expect silence from the street). Walk to historic sites; gay clubs; dangerous nearby bakeries & fun local eateries.
Value-conscious visitor can be very happy here.

Date of stay: September 2011
1  Thank Sfbaybear
Reviewed September 27, 2011

It´s location is perfect, it was my first time in Guadalajara and everything was basically walking distance.

What I did not like was the restaurant service, which took almost 10minutes to get me an orange juice, not to mention I had to ask for a waiter twice, coffe was never offer and after 20min my breakfast did not arrive, so I cancelled and left, bummer... pool was not clean on my second day of stay.

Room tip: Away from the street, it was a holiday and very noise until past 2am, you could hear street voices even with the window closed
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We just got back from 5 nights at the Hotel Cervantes. It is very conveniently located in the historic center of town. The street is busy at night, so we did not feel in any danger out at night. It is in an area of gay bars, but that didn't bother us.
Our room was fine, the air conditioning was almost too cold! Beds were comfortable, there was ample hot water and water pressure.
Our room was not a street view and was quiet.
Hotel worket Martin (bellman, security, etc) was veryhelpful for everything from restaurant recommendations, helping with a balky door lock, and even helping our friend who had a flat tire while visiting us at a hotel. He was able to provide the name of a nearby tire repair shop open on a Sunday afternoon.
We found a price on-line of about $50/night and felt we got a great deal. Free secure indoor parking, and free wireless internet were a plus!

Room tip: The rooms off the street are quiet at night!
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2009

I stayed here with my partner over night after arriving off the bus from Mexico very late at night. The room cost us A$73 and it was terrible for that price.

Firstly the airconditioning was broken and rattled all night. The only reason we kept it on was because it was hot and it was better than nothing. The green carpet felt like it hadn't been steamed cleaned in years and I was actually afraid of putting my bare feet on it. The bathroom was dirty and in need of a clean. When we turned on the shower tap, brown stuff came out that looked like rust and dirt. The whole hotel just felt dirty.

Now I'm not a picky person however for the price I was very very diappointed. I've stayed in places half the price and about 4 times better.

Avoid this hotel at all costs. There are better places to stay in GDL.

Date of stay: April 2009