The Good - This Hotel is currently undergoing renovations but already looks quite good. The general layout and design of the Hotel is interesting and quite attractive. The facilities and room furnishings are top quality. Newly renovated rooms include flat screen TV's and very modern well furnished bathrooms Most of the staff are easy to deal with and can speak english fairly well. The buffet breakfast is well planned and the Hotel in general is very clean. There is a very good shopping plaza across the street that contains electronic, clothing and grocery stores. A water purifier has been installed and they encourage the guests to use it (I did not).
The Bad - Internet connectivity is extremely poor, bad enough in fact that I often had to work from the Lobby through the night to accomplish work related tasks (and I don't require much bandwidth). There are no ethernet ports in the renovated rooms so you must rely on the poor wireless connection.
Three days into my two week stay I was forced to move rooms from the non-renovated room to a newly renovated one. Due to previous commitments I was required to check a large dollar value possession with the front desk. They arranged to move the rest of my luggage for me to the new room during my absence. When I returned they had lost the key to the locked room containing my equipment taking much of the night to get into the room and return my possessions. To their credit, they did get the locked room open that night and did not make me wait until the next day. When I arrived in my room I found someone else's luggage located there. When I brought it to the front desk I was told it was meant to be placed in my old room (the room they told me I had to vacate due to renovations).
They hosted a grand re-openning gala on a thursday during my stay. This Gala ran until midnight in the lobby with excessively loud music playing until after the fact (actually most nights the music can be heard even on the 18th floor up until midnight). They had room tours on levels populated with other guests, rooms being toured were beside ones containing guests. So guests were not able to sleep until the Gala was over which is not enjoyable when one is required to be awake for 5 or 6am. The Hotel did nothing to quiet over excited Gala attendees who continued to celebrate well into the early hours of the morning.
Attendants will bring Ice to the rooms in the evening which is a nice service, however they only knock once on the door and wait about twenty seconds before entering if they hear no response. You may wish to deadbolt your door to avoid having this occur when you are unable to reach the door due to circumstances out of your control.
If you get upset easily by such events as I have listed I would encourage you to find other accomodations
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely remodeled.• Magnificent location across Plaza del Sol shopping mallwhich features more than 250 stores and restaurants,5 minutes away from Expo Guadalajara.• 4 Diamonds by the AAA, H Distinctive and HTDistinctive (High Technology).• 423 fully remodeled guestrooms.• “El Chante” Spa, Gym, Sauna, Steam, Jacuzzi, HeatedPool and Massages.• Chef’s Table (unique concept in town) y The ExclusiveTequila Collection Bar.• 21 different meeting rooms for up to 1500 pax.• 24 hour services: Gym, Business Center and RoomService. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Guadalajara Hotel Guadalajara
- Intercontinental Guadalajara