“Great choice to stay while in Guadalajara”

Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great choice to stay while in Guadalajara”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed here during a business trip to Guadalajara several months ago. Hotel location is great, facilities clean. Quality of food is also very good. Room service - good too. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Georgi_Tsvetanov

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

A colleague made me the reservation so I didn't really pick this place. I read the reviews and was a bit concerned, but I thought it was fine. I'd be happy to stay here again. Only wish I had a chance to use the exercise room.

General: Lobby is modern and nice. Pretty big building with lots of Americans staying there. Drank the water and had no issues.

Staff: Didn't interact much, but they were very nice when I checked in and out.

Location: There's some shopping just down the street, but I arrived around midnight and left at 8am so I can't really comment.

Room: Pretty big with modern decor, nice bed, LCD TV, big desk and big bathroom. I wasn't there long, but don't remember it being noisy at all. Internet worked well. Room seemed pretty clean to me. Shower worked well.

Breakfast: Big buffet, far better than typical US mid-range hotels. It was included in my rate. Lots of fresh fruit, breads, and hot items. Not so much if you're vegan, but enough.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank HiHoHiHoRDU
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

The rooms at the Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara are have nice decor, crisp sheets, comfortable bed. The furnishings are well placed making the room feel larger and the shower is big. The internet is fast and there are many tv channels.

The iron was horrible with sticky, starch-like material stuck on the bottom. Almost ruined a shirt but we noticed in time. Bad thing is that it took two calls and more than 40 minutes for then staff to bring a different iron. Finally, two people showed up at the door with a clean iron.

The hotel offers laundry service, spa treatments, pool and workout facility.

The lobby restaurant and staff were very nice. Mixto salad was good.

Taxi stand and concierge could have been more friendly and more knowledgeable.

Large mall across the street that offers restaurants like Bar Hippo and stores with merchandise in many price ranges. Tacos are a big part of Guadalajara culture and there are several great taco places nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gustavo S, Manager at Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your review regarding your experience during your stay. All of our reviews are evaluated by our General Management and your comments are no exception. Your feedback is very important to us as they assist us in continually improving the quality of our services and facilities that we offer to our guests. I We/I am pleased to inform you that we have provided the rooms with new irons.

Regards,

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I arrived very late in the evening and was given a free upgrade to a larger, corner room. The room was perfect and very comfortable. My only complaint about this hotel was the bar, which played very loud 80's music and videos. It would have been nice to hear a variety of music and not as loud. The breakfast was excellent, I would not recommend upgrading to the option with the included breakfast as you would miss out on the excellent, fresh omelettes and fresh juice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank anols
Gustavo S, Manager at Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
I thank you for sharing with us your recent experiences at Presidente Intercontinental Guadalajara.

It is a pleasure to hear, that our associates and our facilities exceeded your expectations.

We are looking forward to be at your service in the near future.

General Manger
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

In the downtown section and close to almost everything that the downtown has to offer. It is even better than the downtown Mexico city hotels. Across the street they have several US type fast food places and a mall with lots of stores and Mexican food places also. This is probably the finest hotel in town and very safe. there are security people quite visible and very helpful along with the staff. The rooms are nice and comfortable, you will like this place.
I recommend it for the security and location.
If you find this helpful pleae mark it so.
Berny

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank BaronFoer
Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

After many years of staying in different hotels over Guadalajara, I decided to give a second chance to this hotel (I stayed before but stopped for similar reasons that I experienced now). The reason was that I found a very reasonable rate, but after staying I understand why.
The Intercontinental is weak and tired, by all means this doesn't seem to be an Intercontinental. With confidence I can say that I have stayed in better places of lesser category of IGH.
The good: the service is good enough, the lighting of the room, the toiletries and the room service meals deserve positive thumbs.
Now the bad things which cannot compensate the good:
1. The bed linens and curtains were broken, yes in an Intercontinental hotel.
2. The water temperature from the shower is a nightmare, you will only find very cold or extremely hot water, even you try t regulate it, the water was so hot to the burning point.
3. The A/C is very noisy.
4. Inside the room there is a sensor which at the minimum movement is makes a sound, so if you are in the bed and move an arm, it makes a sound. Annoying.
5. The TV remote is so old that the buttons were erased and you need to push so hard to use it.
6. The hotel was packed with literally hundreds of teens and other large groups that made tremendous noise in the halls and lobby, it was virtually impossible to use the elevators all the time more than 15 people want to use it at time.
7. There is a fountain in the middle of the lobby that no matter which room you stay, you hear it early morning and late night.
8. At any eyes the place is old.
9. The bathroom is very small, very similar to European rooms.
10. Housekeeping service very disoriented, they drop some water in the carpet and I realize that cause was walking barefoot and ended stepping up it (lamentable).
11. No complimentary bottle water. Really? not even one?
12. The gym is a joke, not even A/C. Again, this is an Intercontinental the standards should be luxury.

I reach a conclusion, the hotel now is so wasted that they need to get people inside no matter what, and that includes to offer very cheap rates to large crowds loosing the exclusivity and luxury of a regular Intercontinental.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Gustavo S, Manager at Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
I am most appreciative for you taking the time in letting us know that your recent stay with us did not result in the pleasant experience we both wanted it to be.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. InterContinental Hotels Group prides itself on the highest degree of customer satisfaction. We have fallen short on your expectations, which is of great concern to us.
In addition, I want to assure you that we will take the appropriate steps to ensure a similar situation does not reoccur.
Once again, please accept our extended apologies and we are looking forward to serve you in the near future, and thank you for continuing to choose InterContinental Hotels Group.

Regards,

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Spent 6 nights here.
The place is massive as you enter and you have a lift to the reception desk on 10th floor I think.
Stay was great we had problems with the phone and TV the first night and the manager or person on duty upgraded us to business class. Changed room and had a wonderful experience with ex gratis breakfast in the morning and canapes at night. Now I have to tell you canapes were really good and worth tasting. The breakfasts were on the borderline between servicing an international (US, etc) clientele but some Mexican goodies most times like Tamales, Chilaquiles and Mojetes.
On the 11th floor was a small gym and open air pool nice to use at 7am before it became busy.
Staff were good all spoke English and understood. Concierge was great we asked for an Anglican style church in the area and had a map and times of services. As were upgraded to Business class we also had free internet although still using Windows XP at the time of writing.
Only criticism the coffee machine one of the best around (you drop in a small container and it brews instantly) was a charged item ($20 Pesos I think) but it was delicious.

Room Tip: All rooms to me would be the same as the height of the building makes any noise almost negligible