If you're in the area for business, not a bad option, as the rooms have been renovated and are quite nice -- at least on the club floor hallways. Modern, nice, and comfortable rooms with well appointed and big bathrooms.
However, some things to be weary of:
1. What other travellers have said regarding the A/C is quite true. You're either a popsicle by morning's come, or you're a sweaty mess (depending on if you left the A/C on or off); there is no scaling of A/C in these rooms.
2. There is a nice Nespresso machine in the room with 4 varieties of espresso coffee for the morning. Since there are no creamer packets, you can only go with the espresso option (no cafe americano option w/o creamer or cream). I was disappointed since i like my coffee with cream or creamer, but I needed a jolt, so I made an espresso in room with the maker. No other coffee machine or coffee was in the room. I get my folio later that day and find that there was a 48 peso charge for my 2 oz. cup of espresso that I made myself earlier that morning. I couldn't believe it since i'd never heard of charging someone $4.50, basically, to make a 2 oz. cup of espresso in their own room, without any sign on the espresso/coffee machine. I had to dig into the mini-bar book to find that there was a charge for the capsule of espresso. SO not cool. This is so low on so many levels.
I paid for the capsule, told the staff it was sneaky and shoddy, and also promised that I'd never stay at this property for crap like that. And of course I'll never stay here again.
Also, the lobby and bar -- while very nicely renovated -- are run by staff members who could care one iota whether you're enjoying yourself or even are being served. Very poor service but not as poor as teh quality of drinks they serve. Only 25 mL pours in their alcoholic cocktails (1/2 of a US shot) and they charged about $10 USD for a simple 1/2 shot of gin Tom Collins. Really??
Also, the club level staff are hit and miss too. Miguel is a very nice server (and friendly) but the other guys are quite rude and have very few high end customer skills). Not a fan of the rest of the staff at all. The afternoon snacks weren't bad but very very limited. Also, you're only allowed one glass of atrociously bad Mexican wine or a beer (better go with the beer if you want to live) in the club level in the evening. Anything above that or liquor in nature, carries a charge. The morning club level breakfast was neat (poached eggs on tostadas, but without any flavor at all. One juice was offered (OJ) and no water at all, unless you asked for it. Very disappointed in the "Club" level.
The front desk staff (and porters) were much nicer and friendlier than most of the other service staff). The facility staff were also very nice and friendly.
Management was nowhere to be found in the restaurants, bars, club room, or front desk. Ever.
Overall: nice new room, pleasant bathroom, and pleasant front desk staff. Enjoyed my room. Did not enjoy most of the wait staff and found the 48 peso charge for a make your own 2 oz. coffee in room (with no signage) just abominable. What's next? I need to check under the bathroom sink to see if there is a secret slab announcing the price for my shampoo and conditioner? Highly ridiculous. You won't see any member of management respond to my post in protest, because all of it is 100% accurate, unfortunately. Sad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely remodeled.• Magnificent location across Plaza del Sol shopping mallwhich features more than 250 stores and restaurants,5 minutes away from Expo Guadalajara.• 4 Diamonds by the AAA, H Distinctive and HTDistinctive (High Technology).• 423 fully remodeled guestrooms.• “El Chante” Spa, Gym, Sauna, Steam, Jacuzzi, HeatedPool and Massages.• Chef’s Table (unique concept in town) y The ExclusiveTequila Collection Bar.• 21 different meeting rooms for up to 1500 pax.• 24 hour services: Gym, Business Center and RoomService. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Guadalajara Hotel Guadalajara
- Intercontinental Guadalajara