What we liked best about this hotel was its location and the updated, modern design of the rooms. Unfortunately, our experience there was not the greatest. We tried to get an early check-in at 1 p.m. but were told no rooms were available. After an hour in the bar, we tried again with no luck. So we left our bags and went to lunch at Canelo's (five minute walk, great Mexican food, Mariachi's, etc.). Upon return around 5:30 p.m. our room was finally ready, but the bathroom wasn't that clean and the shower floor was wet as if someone had just showered. Normally we would have requested another room immediately, but we were so late by then we didn't have time to wait for another room.
Other criticisms: When we put our valuables in the closet safe we realized it wasn't bolted down to anything. You could just pick it up and remove it. The glass door in the shower wasn't properly sealed so water leaked all over the bathroom floor when we showered. And the sink was very slow to drain.
On a positive note, the bed, pillows and linens were better than average. And the service in the reception and the bar was friendly and professional, even if it wasn't the speediest. In the hotel's defense, we were there during the FIL, the largest book fair in Latin America, and all the hotels, not just the InterContinental, were packed. Note: if you're going to the Expo, you can walk there from the hotel, but expect it to take 20-25 minutes and be very careful crossing the street because pedestrians are rarely given the right of way. Or take a taxi for 35 pesos (US$3).
Despite our problems with our room, we'd give this hotel another chance the next time we're back in Guadalajara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely remodeled.• Magnificent location across Plaza del Sol shopping mallwhich features more than 250 stores and restaurants,5 minutes away from Expo Guadalajara.• 4 Diamonds by the AAA, H Distinctive and HTDistinctive (High Technology).• 423 fully remodeled guestrooms.• “El Chante” Spa, Gym, Sauna, Steam, Jacuzzi, HeatedPool and Massages.• Chef’s Table (unique concept in town) y The ExclusiveTequila Collection Bar.• 21 different meeting rooms for up to 1500 pax.• 24 hour services: Gym, Business Center and RoomService. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Presidente InterContinental Guadalajara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Guadalajara Hotel Guadalajara
- Intercontinental Guadalajara