“What make this place really good is the Manager”
Review of Olga Querida

Olga Querida
Ranked #4 of 71 Guadalajara B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Her name is Lucy Camacho and she made our stay at Olga Querida a pleasant experience. The B&B itself has a nice home-like feeling to it. The room that Lucy gave us overlooked the patio and had its own balcony. We used the main kitchen as and when we needed. Lucy also gave us information about Guadalajara and arranged our trips to see places. Thanks lucy. Look forward to seeing you again on our next trip.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed a couple of times at the Olga Querida and I had a really great time there. As I was in Guadalajara for work, I was glad to find a place calm and peaceful. The shared dormitory is very nice and commons places well decorated and comfy, but more than everything, the staff is very very nice and helpful. I felt like home in this little heaven of the heart of Guadalajara! I recomand this place to every kind of traveller!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bsix A
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My friends, my husband and I stayed at the Olga Querida for two nights last weekend, and had a lovely time. The hotel is an oasis of calm in the city, with a pleasant courtyard and a lovely common area and kitchen upstairs, all decorated with interesting art and antiques. The whole hotel seemed recently renovated. The rooms were spotlessly clean. The staff was friendly and accessible. The included continental breakfast was great - toast and jam, bananas, yogurt, tea, and excellent coffee. The hosts knew we would be arriving late and greeted us when we arrived at midnight. Our friends stayed in a room on the street the first night, which was a little loud. The second night the staff offered to move them to a quieter room off the street. They even welcomed our two dogs without fuss or extra charge, which was really nice of them. The hotel is walking distance from the sights in Guadalajara Centro - we walked to the Palacio del Gobierno and then the Libertad market for lunch. All in all, an excellent value for the price!!

Room Tip: There is one room with windows onto the street, and my friends found it a bit loud with the noise of...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mangobee
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had a lovely experience spending our time in the hotel. It is located very close to the heart of the centro historico, but in a safe and quiet area. The hotel is well designed and maintained, and very very clean. Good place for couples who are looking for privacy and quite. Romms are well decorated, great bed, soft sheets...The kitchen is open for guests to use - and it is a well-equipped kitchen! and most important - the staff is soooo nice and helped us with information and everything we needed!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ori T
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I discovered this gem of a place when I was staying in Ajijic for four months as a recent snowbird. Having been an airbnb.com host in downtown Penticton I had a few credit coupons that I could use when I came to the bright lights of Guadalajara in January to check things out before enrolling in a 120 hour TESL course at ITTO/International Teacher Training Organization. I initially stayed at the lovely room at the back of the courtyard which was very quiet and private and beautifully appointed. This place has maintained the charm and personality of it's former owner, Olga Querida, a well kinow Guadalajara artist and pictures, antiques and other artifacts are tastefully situated throughout the domicile. The place has had an top of bottom reno with fresh paint, a new and well equipped kitchen and fabulous dual flush toilets (that you can actually flush WITH toilet paper no less!). The bathrooms are exceptionally clean, new and modern and the showers have hot water and good water pressure which is not always the case in Mexico.

The hosts themselves are a charming, friendly couple with a family who immediately makes you feel like one of their family. Every morning when I woke up the coffee was on and breakfast was available or I could cook or use cereal or whatever I brought back from Soriana's, the large grocery chain store right up the street on Juarez Avenue. You can walk absolutely everywhere from this location and I did and of course the public transit buses are frequent and very cheap at 6-8 pesos per trip. The famous bright yellow taxis ply their trade down Juarez Avenue and are a cinch to wave down at any hour of the day or night,.

When I returned for a three week run in February when I was at TESL school I switched over to the dorm which once again was clean and quiet. For the whole time I was the sole guest but I went back to Ajijic so they might have had other guests when I was back in Ajijic. The hosts were helpful and responsive to any enquiries or special requests (like having peanut butter on hand for eg.). In appreciation on my last night at the Olga Querida Hostel/B & B I brought the family a luscious Tres Leches cake because I just enjoyed my stay there so very much. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants clean, safe and economical accommodation in Centro Historica! I know that it will be my 'go to' place when I return as a snowbird in the winter of 2012. You can also check out Erika's listing on www.airbnb.com when you put Guadalajara in the search box. Hasta luego, Olga Querida Guesthouse! I'll be back! Sincerely, Joanne Babiak, Penticton, British Columbia, Canada

Room Tip: Well, the first room I stayed in was the room at the back of the courtyard which was quiet and had a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2012

After travelling around Mexico for 3 months, Guadalajara was my last stop before flying home. At this point I had experienced everything from four star resorts on the Pacific coast to grungy backpacker hostels with shared bathrooms. In terms of centrally located hotels in large Mexican cities, this place is a gem! I was warmly welcomed by the owner Alejandro (his grandmother was Olga). He and his staff were very informative and he helped organized a tequila tour at very good value - much cheaper than the ones offered in the tourist kiosks and lots of fun. I stayed in a private room off the courtyard but they also have a very bright dorm room available at a very good price.
It is a very safe place, with a staff member on hand 24 hours a day. Also great location - you can walk anywhere easily: the markets, central squares, shops, pedestrian malls, restaurants, etc. etc.
I highly recommend Olga Querida and will definitely stay there on my next trip through Guadalajara!

Room Tip: The best rooms are probably the two rooms off the private courtyard where you can sit and read but f...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I found this hotel on trip advisor and I am so happy we stayed there. We spent 4 nights including the new year. The room we had had a decent amount of space, a balcony, and a great bathroom. The internet worked everywhere we were in the house. The location is good...close enough to everything but fa enough so you can a quite night of sleep. The family that owns it are Mexican but have lived in the US as well. Everyone, including the children can speak English but if you prefer to practice Spanish they will help encourage you. We we invited to celebrate new years eve with the family which included diner and all of the traditions. It was great incite into their life and we felt like family by the time we left as well. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple