All reviews convention center great hotel spg member business hotel breakfast buffet comfortable hotel hotel of choice lobby bar is room service is large bathroom business or pleasure free weights clean rooms front desk staff great room mexico city definitely stay here again
Reviewed October 24, 2016

You won't find a hotel with better accommodations, interior design, bar, etc in this town.
I used to love this hotel until this late stay. Unfortunately at my arrival the front desk offered me an upgrade stating they would move me to an upper floor to enjoy a quiet atmosphere and a better view plus free internet & breakfast for $25 usd. I was pretty flexible, I told them they could have me on my original reservation of 2 beds or move me to a single... they were booked so I was to keep my 2 beds.
If you have the option stick to the lower levels...and your original reservation... the staff didn't ask me about my stay at the moment I checked out, they might have gained some bucks but they lost a customer that referred them friends and family to visit this hotel specifically.
Let me just say that the last floor is probably rarely booked (presidential suite across my floor) so the employees start and end their working shifts here. Two night before my departure (Friday to Saturday) I woke up to noises, loud conversations, radio playing, a cart moving dishes and it was obvious that the staff was closing their day at midnight and on Saturday they started it at 6 am. How can I blame them for that when the service at this place is impeccable?
Yet the disconnection between the front desk and this small piece of information disappointed me.
It took a while for me to get back to sleep....why would I complain to the front desk that night and throw them under the bus? Interestingly enough the guy at checkout avoided asking me this question (a lady called me the day before and I expressed this politely) and clearly he was on a hurry so I would close my account. Which I did. So by ripping me off with the upgrade they received some bucks but they lost a perfectly satisfied customer...the staff clearly doesn't care about hospitality as before...
I would say keep your loyalty to spg but be aware to make your research and avoid the room I was place at. I include the number and the sign for a fact. I felt that what was offered to me at the front desk was deceiving, needless to say I was on this trip to rest. Not on business. I could relax here before this trip, now if I return will be strictly on business and I will have to watch my back.

Ps this location is great if you're going to the Expo across the street but is really bad if you're staying for the weekend. I had to endure loud music playing either from a disco or a outside party. Check other options if you're traveling for peace&quiet.

Room Tip: Avoid upper rooms & upgrading... the quiet pitch is deceiving on their end
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
WestinGuadalajara, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

Dear Jul i,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing with us your opinion about your most recent stay with us. Your feedback is really important for us because it helps us to identify and work in our opportunity areas.

I apologize for the inconveniences that you had at our property, our goal is to provide our guests a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

About the noise in the hall; the required actions had been taken to make sure this situation will not occur again. This is certainly not the Westin experience we aim to provide our guests and we deeply regret that this happened. I have notified our House Keeping and Front Desk Departments; so that we may look further into these issues and start with actions plans with them.

We hope that this experience do not affect the way that you see our brand or any other that belongs to Marriott International. Please, accept our apologies. If your plans are taking you back to Guadalajara, please, let us know, it would be a pleasure to assist you and help you to personalize your stay, we will make sure you have a real Westin experience.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at Westin for Business all was well it was a great stay. It was a great idea for me to Add breakfast when booking it was well worth it. The breakfast had good selection and provided a good start to the day. Good bed, clean and easy checkin. Price was good for the room booked.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
WestinGuadalajara, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2016

Dear TrueSaya,

We want to offer you our thanks for selecting us during your visit to Guadalajara and for sharing your experience with us through to the Trip Advisor Community.

It is such a great news to see that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you found it very complete and helped you having an energizing start.

I am pleased to know that our Heavenly Bed gave you a renewing stay as you deserved.

We hope to see you soon at Westin Guadalajara,

Reviewed October 6, 2016 via mobile

The Westin is a great hotel. The staff was friendly, the rooms extremely clean. I had the buffet for breakfast and it was delicious. I would highly recommend it and will stay there for future visits to Guadalajara.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends

Dear Ernesto D,

Thank you for letting us be your host during your visit to the city. We are pleased to know that you had a renewing experience in every aspect of your stay.

For us to provide you with a dedicated service is a priority, we are happy to see that you enjoyed your room and our breakfast inspired in Superfood RX ingredients.

We thank you for recommending us and hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2016

Great staff, comfortable quiet rooms (heavenly beds), excellent food (especially the breakfast buffet), close to shopping district, fun bar, ease of access to convention center, free wifi. And many many other things.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
WestinGuadalajara, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2016

Dear Mistercosmo,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us through the Trip Advisor Community.

I am so glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay such as our dedicated service and our heavenly beds designed to provide you the rest that you deserve.

Our breakfast buffet displays a selection of superfood with healthy energetic items and at the same time delicious. Our lobby bar has the perfect ambience to relax and gather with friends or colleagues.

We hope to see you very soon so you can continue discovering many other things of our hotel and Guadalajara.

Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

For a Westin their rates are very reasonable. It is a bit out of the way, however close to the convention center. Rooms are clean and immaculate. Their breakfast is worth the price. Service is great all over. It is very safe. They have security monitoring who is going in and out and this makes it nearly impossible for non guest to enter after hours. At the bar ask for DonJulio 1942 chilled with tomato juice on the side.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank travelman40

Dear Travelman40,

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is very good to see that you had such an incredible experience and that you found the location to be helpful.

I am very glad to read that you liked your room, the breakfast variety and our service.

For us the security of our guests is key; thank you very much how serious we are about it and how safe you felt with us.
Our Lobby bar “El candil” offers to all our guests a perfect place to relax and enjoy while having a drink, thank you for your recommendation, I’m sure it will be a great drink to ask for.

We hope to see you very soon,