“New Business-Class Property, convenient location”

The Westin Guadalajara
Ranked #15 of 129 Hotels in Guadalajara
Lompoc, California
“New Business-Class Property, convenient location”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was pleased to find a nice SPG property in Guadalajara, and at very reasonable rates and good location. The Westin lived up to its brand name, especially the very comfy bed. I was surprised to find that there was no heat for the building, only air conditioning. The service person who came to help me "adjust" the temperature said the heating apparatus hasn't worked since they opened. I find this hard to believe, but I didn't check in to it any further. The front desk, room service, Service Express, and housekeeping personnel all made me feel like a valued visitor. The room was clean, although there are a few little deferred maintenance items that are starting to show, and I got the impression (which I hope they will prove me wrong about!) that they aren't fixing problems as they show up. For example, one of the phones in my suite didn't work and needed to be replaced. And one of the sliding curtain rods is broken, and they've just fixed the curtain in place, rather than restore it to full function. As noted in other reviews, a pool would be a welcome amenity too. Overall, I was pleased with the staff and the facility, and I just hope they keep everything at peak-performance.

Room Tip: The views from the higher floors are lovely.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear TravelinFool93436,
Thank you very much for sharing with all Trip Advisor community your review regarding your recent stay in The Westin Guadalajara.
We are glad to read that you enjoy our location, just in front of Expo Guadalajara, and also the Heavenly Bed. Thank you also for your feedback about rooms maintenance, actually we have implemented a preventive maintenance program in order to keep our installations in the best conditions; we fixed your room’s issues in place because we have not other room available at that moment but it is not the usual practice.
We hope welcome you again at The Westin Guadalajara.
Cordially,
Manuel Dieguez R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I've had the opportunity to stay at the Westin Expo Guadalajara twice this year, and both times have been great. I always include the breakfast and in room wifi, as the buffet variety and quality were excellent. Like many others I would love to see a pool in the property, but truth to be told I probably wont find the time to spend it there anyway, its probably just a drain on hotel resources.

The beds are awesome! The best next thing after my own home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear aortoll_con,
First of all I want to thank you for choosing The Westin Guadalajara for your recent stay in this city.
It is our pleasure that your stays with us became almost as pleasant that your own home. Also we are glad to read that you enjoy the breakfast buffet of our Restaurant.
We hope have the opportunity to receive you again very soon.
Cordially,
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

So this is a new hotel as most other reviews have pointed out. However, my air-condition was not working properly. It stayed on even though I had turned it off. I had to kill the breaker for it to stop. And then even though I left a very nice comment with my email address, I have not received any feedback.

I did enjoy my bed and had no problems with the internet.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear DC_Cazador,
First of all I want to thank you for taking in time in sending your comments thru Trip Advisor web site. Please accept a sincere apology for not responding your note previously; we are really interested in receiving feedback, that’s the only way to know which our opportunity areas are and where to focus in order to improve our service.
Regarding the air-conditioning problem that you experienced during your stay, I want to inform you that it was already fixed.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed the Heavenly Bed®.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again at The Westin Guadalajara.
Best regards,
Los Cabos, Mexico
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Place is nice, clean and comfortable, staff is very friendly and helpful, overall everything was fine, could be better if they had a pool and spa.
The location is great because is located just across from Expo Guadalajara.
The only thing that I did not enjoy was that during the day, the room got pretty hot even with a/c on. It took a while to get the room cooler.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear DominiqueCabo,
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
We are glad to acknowledge that our facilities and service were up to your expectations. Let me inform you that we offer In room Spa services thru our Concierge desk and we will be glad to assist you in this matter next time you visit The Westin Guadalajara.
Regarding your comments about the room temperature during day, our housekeeping team is not switching off the air conditioned any more instead leaving it in automatic mode so our guest can find the room fresh during all stay.
We are ready to welcome you again soon.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Let me start saying that this was my 6th stay at this hotel. Usually I choose Starwood hotels and specially Westin for its high standars in quality. This stay got me disappointed, angry and will make me choose any other option instead this awful place.
The reason was the customer service, the night shift in front desk made me feel miserable and like a thief, I never felt so mistreated in any hotel before... They have a very weird policy about visitors that I've never experienced before, not at this place or any other Westin over the world. I trained to perform a business meeting at my room with my colleagues (who wisely choose another place) and the staff refuse over and over again to let them in, they just allowed one (of 5) and paying a ridiculous amount. AGAIN, THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME THIS HAPEND ON THIS PROPERTY OR ANY WESTIN. The staff was rude and inflexible. I tried to call the travel agency to get the refund and even to lend me the phone they refuse, they said use your mobile. Believe me, this place loose a returning customer forever.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank draghignazzo
TheWestinGDL, Director General at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear draghignazzo,
First of all I want to thank you for taking the time in writing a review regarding your recent stay with us.
Please, receive an apology if this time our service did not reach your expectations. I take this opportunity to inform you that our hotel offer several small rooms for business meetings. Maximum of people who can stay in a bedroom is three.
In order to ensure the safety of all our guests, it is necessary to identify all the occupants of the rooms.
We hope have the opportunity to serve you in another occasion.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is all you expect of a business hotel, clean, quick, convenient, friendly staff and a "wonderful bed".
This is my preferred hotel chain, and the hotel I always stay when in Guadalajara.
If you have to be in Guadalajara for an EXPO, the Westin is just on front if the Congress Center.

• Stayed August 2013
TheWestinGDL, Gerente at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Rogala1,
Thank you very much in taking the time to share your comments with Trip Advisor community.
We are pleased to know that Westin is your favorite brand hotel and also that you find in The Westin Guadalajara your second home. Thanks for your wonderful words for the Heavenly Bed.
We are ready to welcome you again.
Cordoba, Mexico
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was my first stay in a Westin Hotel, and I was surprised for the great service received! Everybody is very friendly and they are pendant to attend your needs with a smile in their faces.
The room and bathroom were perfectly clean, with all amenities you require.
For sure from now on this is my favorite hotel to arrive in Guadalajara.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinGDL, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear RobertGD,
Certainly the first impression is very important and we are glad to learn that you enjoyed our service and facilities.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon at The Westin Guadalajara.