“New and clean hotel but...”

The Westin Guadalajara
Ranked #13 of 130 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
- new building
- clean rooms
- location is good. For $5 dollars you can go in taxi to well known areas with restaurants etc. (no need to pay extra for a hotel right on Chapultepec for example, when you can pay $99 per night at the Westin, and get a taxi anywhere)
- super great price ($99)
- gym is well equipped.

CONS:
- food at the restaurant is BAD!
- room service is the slowest ever... Took them 1 hour to get me a coffee!!
- the concierge doesn't know what he/she is doing. They kept on recommending really bad restaurants (such as Coyote) with bad food and ambience.

- Next time, I will make reservations directly with Westin instead of hotels.com so I can earn points, and I will NoT eat at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
TheWestinGDL, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Negroycanche,
Thank you very much for taking the time in share your comments about your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
Don’t hesitate in contact direct to us for your next visit in order to ensure you a real Westin experience. We will take special attention in order to try to revert your opinion of our food at Casa de las Rosas Restaurant. You can contact us in reservaciones.gdl@westin.com.
We hope have the opportunity of welcome you soon at The Westin Guadalajara.
Manuel Dieguez R.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

First time in Guadalajara (to our way to Ajijic).
Front Desk, excellent service specially Miss Flores, who went out of her way to help us out.
Breakfast buffet- very good. Variety of food.
Bell boys- excellent (prompt to give you suggestions where to go, how much to pay for the taxis, where to have dinner and enjoy the Mariachis)
Rooms, good size, very clean, quiet, modern. Complimentary water every day

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestinGDL, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear dottyfrank,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Guadalajara.

It is always a pleasure to know, that our facilities and service were up to your expectations. Be sure that Ms. Claudia Flores will be congratulated on your behalf.

We hope we can be at your service in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Just got back from a business trip to Guadalajara. The service at this hotel was excellent, the room is clean, modern, quiet, good views of the mountains, and give you complimentary bottled water (4) everyday. The bed, a King, was comfortable and I slept as best you can while away on business. I tend to wake up several times in the middle of the night for fear my alarms will not go off. There were about 6 pillows to choose from with varying degrees of plumpness. There was also a lumbar support pillow which was appreciated since I tend to sit up in bed reading. My room had a chaise lounge but it was more for decoration than comfort. it had an attached table which would be good for in-room dinning although I did not use it. The temperature of the room was comfortable, but please note that everyday the maid turned off the thermostat to save energy. So as soon as I came into my room I turned it back on and it was cooled quietly rather quickly.The rooms are exactly as shown in the photos with adequate closet, drawers, safe, fridge, shelving to hold everything. The walk-in shower was nice. The food at breakfast had everything one could thing of for the international traveler including local mexican fare. I chose the eggs, fresh fruit, croissants, orange juice, and yogurt selections. But they had mexican style eggs, meats, as wells as fresh smoked salmon, cheeses, hams, fish, salami, yogurts, rice, oatmeal, breads, jams, cereals and even chocolate desserts! There were five different types of juices all fresh squeezed. The coffee is the only thing that dissapointed. I had dinner there the first night which was a Salmon in a cream chipolte sauce which was excellent. All of my colleague's dishes were excellent as well. If I have to go back to Guadalajara I will definetly book this hotel.

Room Tip: Sign up for the SPG awards to get a room on the top floors. I always ask for a room away from the el...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Diane K,
Thank you very much for your flattering comments regarding your first visit to The Westin Guadalajara.

We are very pleased, that we were able to fulfill the Westin Brand Mission; that you leave feeling better than when you arrived.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you soon at your home in Guadalajara and then offer you the Nespresso coffee options we handle and for your comments I see that we forget to offer during your last stay.

Manuel Dieguez R

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The South African party that stayed at the hotel for three days ending 18th of may were mostly disapointed with the service received. For the price that you pay to stay at Westin, you expect better service. First of all when we first checked in, the hotel billed us on check-in, some of us had trouble with our cards but we were expected to pay before we could stay. Then everytime we ordered room service or went for breakfast we would be asked to pay right there and then, i mean who carries cash to breakfast? Then the internet was not working, you could not activate room account on the wireless, you had to go through a complicated process to get a password and it would be deactivated the next day, so basically i had to do that everyday just to be connected to the internet.
By the time i checked out, i was just feeling very unwelcome, it was as if they thought we were not going to be able to pay back our bill, who would check in to Westin if they cant afford to pay for breakfast?
i will certainly never stay in Westin again, i might get better service in cheaper hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 199BerthaK

Dear 199Berthak,
Thank you for taking your time in sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
We much regret the mentioned situation since it was not possible to establish a credit with some of the credit cards, that´s a normal practice in the hotel industry.
We’ll be grateful if you would provide us a new opportunity, so we´ll try to show that Westin Hotels are very committed to customer service and will go out of our way to convert your stay into the most refreshing Westin experience.
Manuel Dieguez R.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This place is a little bit outside central GDL, but next to the Expo center. It is a brand-new Westin with all amenities - and an amazing view with giant windows. Room and hotel public area design is stunning and very stylish. On the downside, the breakfast was really disappointing.

Room Tip: Take a high floor for the view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank fivetonine
TheWestinGDL, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Fivetonine,
Thank you very much for taking the time in writing a review regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoy your room and the different public areas. Let me inform you that we have breakfast “a la carte” as an option to our buffet that was not of your taste, so we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in our restaurant Casa de las Rosas to try to reverse your opinion.
Our guest’s feedback is very important for us in order to recognize the areas that need improvements.
We hope having you soon again at The Westin Guadalajara.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Westin Guadalajara was a beautiful hotel with accommodating staff. As an American traveling in Guadalajara, the hotel is familiar and the staff works hard to make you feel welcome. The lobby is serene with an amazing two-story glass sculpture above the bar. The mojito that the bartender made me upon arrival was tangy, not too sweet and refreshing, kind of like an alcoholic limeade.
My room was a quiet, lovely respite from the chaos of Guadalajara. My heavenly bed was so comfy! It made me happy I had booked a Westin. The room was modern, comfortable, with huge amounts of closet space. The bathroom was very spacious, with a lot of counter space for me to spread out all the stuff I travel with. And the shower was huge with amazing water pressure! I did have a little trouble getting the room to cool off enough at night. Even with the AC cranked down to 65, I couldn't get the room below 70 degrees. It wasn't bad in March, but later in the summer I can imagine it might be an issue. The only other drawback was that the hotel doesn't have a pool. And it was a little cruel to overlook the Hilton's pool right next door.

Room Tip: I was on the 11th floor and had no issues with my water, but colleagues staying on the 19th floor ha...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear HoustonBell,
Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to learn that you had a wonderful stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
Thank you also for posting the photos of your room and our “Candil” located in our lobby bar.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again at The Westin Guadalajara in the near future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed for four nights in this pleasant modern hotel, literally across the street from the convention center. The rooms are standard Westin, which is to say they are very clean, very comfortable with the Heavenly Bed, and sufficiently spacious. Very nice views of the city, particularly from the high floors. The desk in the room was well suited to working, with plenty of convenient electrical outlets. The staff was friendly, engaged and focused on guest satisfaction. I had several breakfasts and dinners in the one restaurant within the hotel; the food was good but not outstanding. Nice workout room, but no pool, and massages are outsourced. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: High floors have particularly good views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinGDL, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Dan P,
Thank you very much in taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.
Your room description will be for sure very helpful for other business travelers: The Heavenly Bed comfort, the room desk with all the electrical outlets and the hotel location, thank you for mark this points.
We hope having you soon again at The Westin Guadalajara.