“Excellent Hotel”

The Westin Guadalajara
Ranked #16 of 130 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great hotel, very modern, clean and comfortable. Conveniently located in front of the modern Guadalajara Convention Center.
Excellent hotel for business or pleasure. Very near to very good restaurants, shopping and only minutes from the most beautiful historical center of Guadalajara.
The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
WestinGDL, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear C L

Thank you very much for your compliments about our hotel and about our associates.

It will be a pleasure to receive you soon at The Westin Guadalajara.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I am not fan of the web opinions, however this hotel make me my week, the service was excellent, very clean & they provide me help in any need during my stay. I got transportation, storage for big stuff I was carry on with me & a great service during the late night at my very late arrival.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear RaulCG

We really appreciate your compliments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.

We are very pleased to hear, that the service you received exceeded your expectations and we hope we can be at your service soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My stay at the Westin started well as soon as I was greeted for check in and it got even better as I made it to my room on the 11th floor. Excellent views, large shower and comfortable bed greeted me. The restaurant Casa de Las Rosas serves delicious guacamole & salsa. The restaurant staff is lovely! For breakfast, lunch and dinner meals and service were superb. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
WestinGDL, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Mundo-es-un-libro

We thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Guadalajara.

It is a great pleasure to hear, that the hotel fulfilled your expectations, specially our Heavenly Bed & Bath and our Restaurant Casa de las Rosas.

It will be a pleasure to receive you soon at The Westin Guadalajara.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Back for a few days after my first trip and definately a place to return to again and again.

Staff meals everything!

The terrace bar os awesome to work. Casa de las rosas continues to be good quality service and price without comparison.

Hope you keep the hotel as nice as it looks!

• Stayed: July 2012
WestinGDL, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Iforest

Thank you very much again to take time to share with us your impressions about The Westin Guadalajara.

We appreciate your comments about our associates, the terrace bar and the restaurant Casa de las Rosas.

We will do our best to maintain the service and the hotel as they are today and will keep trying to surpass the guests expectations day by day.

Mr. Iforest, it will be a pleasure to be at your service the next time you travel to Guadalajara.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

i love the hotel, is new, modern and very good location, try chapalita a very tapatio neighborhood.
very good local restaurants.
on sunday Glorieta Chapalita is the place to visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
WestinGDL, General Manager at The Westin Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Toussaint1956

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at The Westin Guadalajara.

Sincerely

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I spent the night recently (the first weekend of July) for a brief in-town getaway. It was my second stay at this property, with the first occurring seven months earlier (reviewed 30 January 2012).

As would be expected, the hotel is still as beautiful as it was before, however this time I found the service from the staff to be far better. Upon check-in, my SPG status was recognized and I was given an upgrade to a lovely room on the 18th floor. Along with a better view, this room offered a combination tub/shower instead of just a walk-in shower. The employee that checked me in and welcomed me back also escorted us to our room and made sure that everything was okay before leaving us.

We dined in the restaurant and again enjoyed the food tremendously. Since I was only there for one night, the range of vegetarian options was certainly sufficient. However, were I to be there for a longer period of time and dining in the restaurant multiple times, I would get tired of having no vegetarian main dishes to choose from. I would like to see them add some vegetarian "platos fuertes" to their offerings. The attention from the servers was fantastic, with one of the employees even recognizing me from my previous stay.

Since the 2012 elections were held that weekend, the bar stopped serving alcohol on Friday night at 11:30 pm (this was by federal law), but the service I enjoyed there up to that time was very professional and friendly. The bartender and I had a nice talk about the hassles of learning a second language, and I look forward to spending more time in the lounge in my upcoming visits.

During the course of my stay, I requested several things from Service Express, including ice and a change of towels. Each time, whatever I had requested came in a timely manner and was delivered by a friendly and courteous member of the staff.

I had such a good time that I will be taking advantage of one of their great weekend rates again in the near future.

Room Tip: Be sure your status is recognized if you are an SPG member.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear iamcrispydammit

Thank you for taking time to share with us your experiences about your recent stay at The Westin Guadalajara.

We appreciate it to read, that our service and our restaurant Casa de las Rosas was up to your expectations.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our vegetarian dishes and next time we modify our menu, we will take this into consideration.

It will be a pleasure to receive you back soon at The Westin Guadalajara.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Service was great to the maximum detail, nothing was missed! They found an exclusive tequila I had been trying to find, a Dr. who actually made a house visit, transportation & great food. I can't express enough how welcome they made me feel and how much they helped me. Westin Guadalajara is a great and relaxing place to stay. Near the Expo, shopping malls & great restaurants including their own!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear LETICIA V

It is a great pleasure to hear, that our associates delivered the extra step to meet your requirements and exceeded your expectation.

We hope we can be at your service in the near future at The Westin Guadalajara.