Hotel Riu Plaza Guadalajara
Villa Ganz(Guadalajara)
$109
$79
1,048 results
All reviewstallest buildingbreakfast buffet isgreat hotelbusiness triproom servicebusiness or pleasurehotel is modernrooms are largehotel barsteam roommini barbusiness hotelhigh floorchecking infree internetcentral locationenjoyed my stay
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I usually stay at a different hotel when I stay in Guadalajara; 3 trips since February. The facilities at my previous hotel are a little outdated, so at the suggestion of a friend, I moved half-way through my 3 week trip to the Riu. As I expected based on the room rates, the facilities were absolutely stunning - complete with modern decor, vibrant colors and clean facilities. The bathrooms were impressive; the views spectacular! The only thing to be desired with regard to the facilities is the beds. They were not particularly comfortable, and although I was able to sleep on them, I expect more from hotels in this price range.

The staff was extremely disappointing. With one exception, the front desk staff was simply adequate - not friendly, accommodating or impressive in any way; the valet attendants were sometimes rude to my friend who was arriving to pick me up; the room attendants threw away things that were not trash (including a very expensive bar of prescription soap); the staff in one only restaurant option were not friendly; and the bartenders/waitstaff at the pool could hardly be bothered. I was very disappointed in the service at this hotel.

Finally, on my day of checkout, I called what I guessed to be the front desk (the phones are not clearly labeled); was greeted with a Spanish greeting, and when I asked for someone to come help with my bags, I was transferred with no comment. The second person to answer the phone did not understand my request for assistance and placed me on hold for 10 minutes. I finally hung up and managed to get my own bags to the lobby. I wouldn't typically mind this, but I was overloaded from a fair amount of shopping on this particular trip.

Because service is so important to me, I will choose a different hotel on my next trip.

Room Tip: Higher floors have beautiful views of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The beds at this hotel are horrible.

in addition, We've tried to order room service but since we didn't leave a credit card boucher open at check in the only way of payment was with mexican pesos. The room service people told us that they would not accept dollars or credit card payment! this is ridiculous! the only way to pay with a credit card would be to go to the reception and open a boucher, which definetely defeats the purpose of ordering room service. Weve tried calling the reception and giving our credit card over the phone and they didnt accept it.

Spanish hotel chains are usually really good in custumer service. Ive stayed at melias and they are really good. This is my first and last time in this hotel. I would recommend the quinta real for your next trip to guadalajara. Dont waste your money at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank irish73sat
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I think this is the newest hotel in GDL. Awesome building, with terrific views from upper floors.
The staff was courteous.
They also have a perfect breakfast buffet with a lot of tasty options.
I would stay there without a doubt.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent business and tourism hotel. Great facilities, modern and comfortable. The function rooms are also well-equipped, luxurious and convenient. The pool area and bar are also nice and very pleasant. I will definitely return again.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor rooms to have magnificent views of the city.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Beautiful hotel in the heart of Guadalajara. Good service, great rooms. Nice restaurant for breakfast with lots of choices to choose. Beer bar just accross the street and local places to hang and have a beer.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business