WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of La Mansion del Sol

La Mansion del Sol
Ranked #23 of 125 Hotels in Guadalajara
Vancouver Island
“A very pleasant stay in a charming boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of a 5 night stay at La Mansion Del Sol it exceeded our expectations. Our room was very spacious, immaculately clean and well appointed. The buffet breakfast offered an array of interesting food choices, with special requests also being accommodated. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant on 2 occasions and found the meals to be very good and also well priced. Located approx 20 min from Centro but cabs are inexpensive. We debated staying in the Centro area but were happy to return to this little oasis every evening as it is very quiet at night. The best aspect of this hotel is the amazingly courteous and helpful staff who do everything possible to make guests feel at home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank munsel
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest Thank you very much for posting your comment. We hope to have you here again at La Mansion del sol, pretty soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
North Bay Village, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I am searching for direct flights from Miami to Guadalajara; it was the best B & B I have stayed at ever, seriously. I have traveled Europe, Asia, SA, US and mansion del sol met all my needs. They are special and I can't wait to return! Wait for me as my beautiful friends from mexico, US and SA will surely return soon. Thank you for a most enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Deat Guest Thank you very much for your nice comment. We hope to see you soon again.
Aventura, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We recently went with my Book Club friends, to the Guadalajara International Book Fair and we discoverd this GEM. !!!From the moment I booked the rooms and when I had to make a few changes, the Hotel Manager was very attentive and helpful by phone and email. Once we got there,we couldn't have asked for a more lovely Hotel. In a residential area, quiet,beautifully decorated with all the Mexican flavor, spacious rooms, staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfasts sitting in the garden delicious and unforgettable, the soft classical music playing in your room when you arrive after a long day was soothing, so many little details....just makes you feel at home and the Mexican saying "Bienvenido, mi Casa, es su Casa" becomes the trademark. LOVED IT !!! Will be back ASAP !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lisa M
Dear Guest thank you for your nice comment. All comemnts help us to keep impriving. We hope to see you soon at La Mansion del Sol
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Most of the time I do not write reviews, because I believe you get what you pay for, but this time I have to make an exception to the rule, because La Mansion Del Sol, really exceed my expectations.
The service is great and helpful; throughout my stay the staff was diligent and consistently helpful. I really love the Spanish colonial decoration; it makes me feel back in time, with all the amenities of nowadays, I really appreciate this felling, it was a great experience. The continental Breakfast is delicious and you can enjoy coffee or drinks on the outdoor patio/ garden which is a little paradise, it makes you forget you are in the city.
Dinner at restaurant was nice, food was delicious. The cantina can serve almost any drink you may want, which is a plus.
If you are looking for a nice Boutique hotel in Guadalajara, I definitely recommend this one. Over all, it is just lovely. I like to thank the staff that makes me feel at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ponce_claudio
Dear Guest Thank you for your kind words. We really apreciate your time to write this comment. on behhalf of the hotel staff and my self we hope to see you soon back at La Mansion del Sol
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

La Mansion del Sol is a wonderful place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful, the breakfasts are wonderful, the rooms are spacious. The wi-fi throughout the hotel makes staying in touch with family a breeze. I stayed while recovering from surgery and it couldn't have been a more pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice words. We hope to see you soon again at La Mansion del Sol. Best regards on behalf of our hotel staff and my self.
PuertoBVallarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have been staying here for several years--and if possible it gets better each time!!! They have a new young chef who is creative and dinners are great!! The service is always done with a smile. It rained one nite and Raul stood outside in the pouring rain to get us a taxi---what a guy!!!! It is like coming home after staying there for so many years---thanks to all who make our stay so comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are large so it doesn't matter