“The best”

Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
North Bay Village, Florida
“The best”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I am searching for direct flights from Miami to Guadalajara; it was the best B & B I have stayed at ever, seriously. I have traveled Europe, Asia, SA, US and mansion del sol met all my needs. They are special and I can't wait to return! Wait for me as my beautiful friends from mexico, US and SA will surely return soon. Thank you for a most enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Deat Guest Thank you very much for your nice comment. We hope to see you soon again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We recently went with my Book Club friends, to the Guadalajara International Book Fair and we discoverd this GEM. !!!From the moment I booked the rooms and when I had to make a few changes, the Hotel Manager was very attentive and helpful by phone and email. Once we got there,we couldn't have asked for a more lovely Hotel. In a residential area, quiet,beautifully decorated with all the Mexican flavor, spacious rooms, staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfasts sitting in the garden delicious and unforgettable, the soft classical music playing in your room when you arrive after a long day was soothing, so many little details....just makes you feel at home and the Mexican saying "Bienvenido, mi Casa, es su Casa" becomes the trademark. LOVED IT !!! Will be back ASAP !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lisa M
Dear Guest thank you for your nice comment. All comemnts help us to keep impriving. We hope to see you soon at La Mansion del Sol
Palmdale, California
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Most of the time I do not write reviews, because I believe you get what you pay for, but this time I have to make an exception to the rule, because La Mansion Del Sol, really exceed my expectations.
The service is great and helpful; throughout my stay the staff was diligent and consistently helpful. I really love the Spanish colonial decoration; it makes me feel back in time, with all the amenities of nowadays, I really appreciate this felling, it was a great experience. The continental Breakfast is delicious and you can enjoy coffee or drinks on the outdoor patio/ garden which is a little paradise, it makes you forget you are in the city.
Dinner at restaurant was nice, food was delicious. The cantina can serve almost any drink you may want, which is a plus.
If you are looking for a nice Boutique hotel in Guadalajara, I definitely recommend this one. Over all, it is just lovely. I like to thank the staff that makes me feel at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ponce_claudio
Dear Guest Thank you for your kind words. We really apreciate your time to write this comment. on behhalf of the hotel staff and my self we hope to see you soon back at La Mansion del Sol
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed October 9, 2012

La Mansion del Sol is a wonderful place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful, the breakfasts are wonderful, the rooms are spacious. The wi-fi throughout the hotel makes staying in touch with family a breeze. I stayed while recovering from surgery and it couldn't have been a more pleasant experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice words. We hope to see you soon again at La Mansion del Sol. Best regards on behalf of our hotel staff and my self.
PuertoBVallarta
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have been staying here for several years--and if possible it gets better each time!!! They have a new young chef who is creative and dinners are great!! The service is always done with a smile. It rained one nite and Raul stood outside in the pouring rain to get us a taxi---what a guy!!!! It is like coming home after staying there for so many years---thanks to all who make our stay so comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms are large so it doesn't matter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elinor66
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comment. All comments for all our guest are more than welcome.
We hope to see you soon in your next trip to GDL.

King Regards!

Oscar López and the Staff
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay there. The hotel is located a quiet residential area, not the touristic place, the nice shopping moll is nearby.
Having breakfast with watching hummingbirds at patio was a most delightful time.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WARDA888
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comment. We hope to see you soon imn your next visit to GDL.

Kind Regards1

La Mansion del Sol Staff
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at La Mansion and other TA reviewers were right on with their reviews.

The service was very good, rooms were very clean and good sized, free wi-fi, rooms are cleaned every day, everything works like a well-oiled machine. I really don't think I can find one faulty thing with La Mansion. Breakfast is absolutely delicious every morning, a small little cantina that has whatever you like, and a nice little outdoor patio to sit and enjoy coffee or a drink. It's perfect for business, to leisure travel, to a honeymoon. I even used the sauna which made for a good sweat!

The hotel is NOT located near the Centro -- so if you want to be close to downtown or the center of GDL you might want to look at different options. Driving to the centro (heart of the downtown) is about a 10-15 minute drive. There are not a lot of restaurants within walking distance of this hotel.

One night we decided to eat at the restaurant (only diners in the restaurant) and the food was quite ample and delicious! I had almost wished we had eaten more meals there!

All in all, you get a great value at this hotel. It is well managed and I would definitely recommend this boutique hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank voodoo-d
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your comment at TripAdvisor.com. All comments are so valuable to us.
We hope to see you soon in a near furture.

Kind Regrds!