“Clean, comfortable hotel with fabulous staff!”
Review of La Mansion del Sol

La Mansion del Sol
Ranked #24 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
canada
“Clean, comfortable hotel with fabulous staff!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We have been staying at La Mansion Del Sol for the past three years, and have always had a great experience. The restaurant has great food, rooms are clean and comfortable but the best part is, and always has been, the staff. They are bilingual, friendly and professional! If you are looking for a nice boutique hotel in Guadalajara, this would be a great choice!

Room Tip: All rooms are large and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CanadaMarny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
Sechelt
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights after arriving feeling somewhat ill from a 5 hour bus trip from San Miguel. We were greeted with a wonderful reception, and the bell boy who took our bags upstairs, brought us fresh juice and water. We also had fresh fruit in our room, complimentary wine at dinner, and wonderful service from all the waiters in the dining room. Can you imagine being brought (without asking) fresh hot popcorn while sitting outside in a peaceful beautiful garden having a drink! In addition, the decor of the hotel was lovely...lots of wood and Mexican artwork..and beautifully maintained. Our room was larger than most hotel rooms, especially the bathroom and very quiet. The area surrounding the hotel was also very nice and we would have walked around had we felt better. I can't say enough about this hotel and the staff. It was one of the best hotel experiences, if not the best, I have ever had. Thanks to Oscar and all his staff for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 520normi
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear Guest Thank you for your kind words! All your commnets are more than welcome and help us to keep improving.
We hope to see you soon again At La Mansion del Sol.

Best Regards!

Oscar and the Staff
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed in this wonderful boutique hotel for 5 nights in January. Room was lovely, with windows on a little inner "courtyard" with lovely plantings. There was a sitting area that included a desk AND a computer, there's free wifi! Use their's or bring your own. Breakfast buffet (hot and cold) in included and offers more than adequate variety. Eat it in the cheerful dinning room or better yet, outside in the lovely garden with foutain and hummingbird feeder! Room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. Walking distance (if you like to walk) to a big, modern mall. I would definitely stay there again when in Guadalajara.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sleeplessinajijic
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you very much for you comment on TripAdvisor. Look Forward to have you here again in your next trip to Guadalajara.
Chapala, Mexico
Reviewed March 8, 2012

When you drive up to the La Mansion Del Sol, get ready for a pleasant surprise awaiting you inside. We were first greeted by Nancy at the front desk. She spoke perfect English and was very helpfull. I wish the bellhop had been as helpfull. We didn't find the bathrobe, coffee maker, snacks, safe, ironing board, and iron until later that evening when we decided to look through the closets.

The hotel has a dry sauna and a steam room. The terry cloth robe would have been nice to use when we went to use the sauna but we didn't find it until after we went there.

A large shopping center, the Plaza del Sol, is very nearby. The shopping center provides a free shuttle that picks up and drops off guests at this hotel.

Our main purpose for the trip was to see Carlos Santana in concert at the Auditorio Telmex. It was one of the best concerts that I've ever seen in my life.

Oh -- I must mention the breakfast, which is one of the tastiest I´ve ever had at a morning buffet. And, oh yes, it is included in the hotel price.

Bottom line -- stay at this hotel. It is one of the best.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pilgrim45900
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I normally don't write reviews even though I have traveled worldwide and stayed at many very nice small hotels. I am writing this one because this hotel has been my home away from home for many years. I have been staying at La Mansion del Sol for almost 8 years. I visit Guadalajara often for business and my wife accompanies me. The hotel is in a great location near Plaza del Sol which has good shopping and a Starbucks. We both love the rooms which are roomy with very comfortable beds. The garden is great to sit and enjoy the flowers and fountains. We also eat at the restaurant and have enjoyed the cuisine prepared by Jose and Chuy. The wait staff makes us feel special, both the morning staff of Salvador and Rodrigo and the evening staff Raul and Christian. Christina the evening receptionists always makes us feel as though we have come back home. Oscar Lopez the hotel manager makes certain that we feel appreciated. I always recommend La Mansion del Sol to my friends for business or pleasure when coming to Guadalajara. You can't go wrong staying here!

Dean Mitchell
Denver Colorado

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Thomas M
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, February 29, 2012

We hope to see you soon down here and greet you persoanlly

The Staff!
Monterey, California
Reviewed January 28, 2012

My fiancee and I have stayed at La Mansion del Sol at least five times, and for us it's always like coming home (she is Mexican and I am American). It's a very special place. I work in the hotel industry, and I think the value you get for your money is outstanding. You could pay two to three times their rates in the US and not find as nice a place. It's a large, converted private house and has the feeling of a luxurious home. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, well-maintained, and beautifully furnished in what I think of as Mexican colonial style. The service is gracious and attentive - first class all around. The front of the house staff is fluent in Englsih, as well. We see the same people every time we're there, which is a good indication that the employees are happy and the place is well managed. The location is about a 10-15 minute cab ride into central Guadalajara, and about the same distance in the other direction to Tlaquepaque, which is very much worth visiting. The neighborhood is safe, and we often walk to dinner at night at the nearby Plaza del Sol. However, I recommend staying on property and trying their restaurant, which is beautiful and offers a nice mix of Mexican and European cuisine. Be sure to take time to relax in the lush garden to enjoy the humming birds and the fountain, or to enjoy a book in the wood-panelled sitting room off the lobby. La Mansion is an oasis of peace and quiet, best for adults and beautifully romanitc for couples.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank FourthBear
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear Mr [--],

Thank you very much for your comment on TripAdvisor. All comments from our Guests Good or Bad, really help us to improve our hotel and service avery day.
I hope to see you soon at La Mansion del sol. Gracias!

Oscar López A
Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have stayed and dined here many times, mostly for business.

This is a very small hotel that almost borders on the B&B feeling. As I understand it, it is a converted mansion where every room is a bit different, and sometimes the bathrooms are a bit of an add-on, but still I think most of the rooms I have stayed in are excellent, albeit a little odd, and some are gigantic.

Beds seem uniformly hard, I have to check if they are concrete.

The dining facilities are a bit of a gem. And the staff is especially accommodating and become sort of a family if you stay for more than a few days. The hotel and dining area are set behind a standard mansion concrete wall but the gardens therein are wonderful.

In short, I like this place a lot.

Room Tip: Very small hotel, so sometimes the best rooms are taken. Ask.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank redeye4242
LaMansiondelSol, Manager at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear Guest!

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. All comments good or bad, help us to improve our instalations and service.
We would like to see you soon in your next trip to Guadalajara.
Thank you!