“Much better than I was expecting, a fine hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Mexico City, Mexico
“Much better than I was expecting, a fine hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here recently with my wife when in town visiting some friends. I chose it mainly based on price and location, thinking that Holiday Inns are usually acceptable. But wow, it is very nice for a Holiday Inn. It isn't so visible at street level but when you enter there is a lobby it is very attractive. The check in process was smooth and a fellow accompanied us to the room, giving a through explanation of how to use a very cool flat screen TV they had that also served as a computer monitor complete with complimentary wifi. The room was spacious and clean. The hallways perhaps could use some updating, not dirty but dated. And there is a bit of street noise, which will be the case in nearly all hotels in the Historical Center of Guadalajara. They watched our bags while we walked around the city center as well, no grumpy response when we asked. Very well located for seeing Historical Center sites. All in all, a fine choice for tourists who want comfort and convenience without great expense.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Citlalli L, Gerente at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest Grilango:

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites for your recent stay in Guadalajara, , we are committed with guest satisfaction and we make everything to provide the best service and facilities, we are glad to hear you enjoyed staying with us. We hope to see you on your next visit to this beautiful city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

It wasn't a terrible hotel, but it's far from what I expected. The pictures on the website certainly paint a picture that just didn't deliver. It's much smaller than you might expect; I barely noticed it when we arrived. Out of all the hotels I stayed at in Mexico, this one did have the best air-conditioning. Don't expect a great view from your room either. It's just rooftops of older commercial buildings. I didn't care for the food in the restaurant either.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear ACEr24076,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sorry that we fell below of your expectations with some aspects of our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Rest assured, your review will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved for future improvements. Thank you for staying and we hope to serve you again on your next visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was vacationing in Guadalajara with my tour group and we stayed at this hotel. We left for Mexico City after a few days. However 1/2 way back to Mexico City i realized i left my passport (along with credit cards and other items) locked in my room safe. I called the hotel and spoke with Oscar (i don't know his last name) who was the manager on duty at the time. He assured me they would find a way to get my items back to me. Low and behold the next morning my things were at my airport hotel in Mexico City!!! Thanks to Carlos i was able to catch my flight later that day back to the US! I would have no issues staying at this hotel. Not only was it in a great location, but its staff was amazing (including Mr. Carlos!).

1 Thank 928KarlW
Dear Guest 928KarlW:

Thank you for your kind comments, our goal at Holiday Inn & Suites is guest satisfaction, I'm glad to hear Oscar helped you to continue with your trip back home sending the items back to you. Once again we appreciate your preference ando hope to see you soon.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I brought my group to this hotel last month for two nights while we were in Guadalajara.

The location was great as it was a safe walk to tons of restaurants, shops, and historic sites.

The staff was great and polite. The front desk even helped us order pizza delivery for our six year old! Hector who works in the cafe at the front of the hotel was a real delight each morning and I saw him helping countless guests during our stay. Alexia helped us with our group and I communicated with her over email and then when we met in person she was even more delightful.

Our room was really large and very technological which I love. There was also a mini-fridge in the room which came stocked with a few drinks and snacks for free. You can then easily walk across the street to a shop to stock up on anything else you need.

The bathroom seemed to show its age a bit, but was clean and functional. Some rooms face an inner courtyard so you may want or not want to request that based on what some reviewers have said about street noise.

We will be doing this trip again in two years and will be back to the Holiday Inn for sure.

Room Tip: If you're worried about street noise request a room that faces the interior courtyard.
Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ThemeParkReviewTrips
Dear Guest ThemeParkReviewTrips:

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Guadalajara Centro Historico for your group, we appreciate your kind comments, Hector and Alexia are always ready to attend your needs as well as all the members of our staff. I'm glad we helped you to have a succesful trip to this beautiful city and we look forward to seeing you in two years when you do the trip again.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was my first time in Mexico so I was a little nervous. I was pleasantly surprised at the friendliness and terrific attitude of everyone I came in contact with at this establishment. I do not feel comfortable speaking Spanish in front of native speakers but that was not a problem. They are able to understand what you need. Josue at the front desk checked me in very quickly but I did not feel rushed. I was only in town for the a few days for a futbol match so I traveled light with just a backpack full of clothes. Javier escorted me to my room. The room I was given was very clean and all of the perks were wonderful. The lights, curtains, radio, TV, air conditioning, do not disturb were all controlled by the computer TV and remote control. I slept like a baby on my single king bed.

The location is perfect for sightseeing. It is close to all of the important sights for that you would want to see. The majority of attractions are in walking distance.

The hotel restaurant staff was also terrific. Very attentive - but you don't feel pressured by them at all. I ate there several times to start and end my days. We discussed my love for the local team. They also have a piano in the restaurant that some times will be played by a very nice gentleman. I recommend sitting at a table on the balcony.

My main purpose for the trip was to see the two most popular futbol teams in Mexico play. Once again, I was given information to help me in my adventures throughout the city. If you need a taxi or want to know where the bus tours are or where the local attractions are, they will help you. The two young guys in the coffee shop even helped with figuring out a website that was in Spanish. You will never feel alone in this hotel. I must give the most praise to the person who gave me the most information and even drove my shuttle to the airport: Gabriel Pena! He is a valuable asset.

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. I would also stay here again the next time I go to GDL.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Pedro G
Dear Guest Pedro G:

I'm so excited reading your review, thank you very much for sharing your recent experience in Guadalajara, your description of it is amazing and make me feel very proud of my staff, as you noticed Gabriel is a very valuable part of it. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the facilities of the hotel, and we all hope to see you on your next visit to this beautiful city.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

You can't go wrong choosing Holiday Inn & Suites if you're planning a trip to Guadalajara. Strategically located in the heart of the city, everything is accessible at walking distance - from churches to money exchange, to convenient stores, to authentic local eateries to late night hang out places. Most of all, the hotel staff are very helpful and attentive to your needs. Special thanks to Gabriel (speaks fluent English & very informative), Jesus & Jose. We look forward to another cultural & gastronomic trip to this city. Muchas gracias!

Dos Mujeres from Los Angeles, California

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and comfortable. Complimentary snacks & drinks in the rooms are welcome treats!
Dear Guest BlancheS453:

Thank you very much for sharing your comments, we appreciate the time you took to write your opinion about our hotel. As you said we are located in the heart of the city close to the main cultural and touristic atractions so it's perfect if you want to see what Guadalajara is really like. We are proud of people like Gabriel, Jesus and José that every day give their best to make our guests feel like home, thanks for mentioning them. We hope to see you soon in this beautiful city.
Frisco, texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

hotel is in an older building, but well maintained. We got a large room on the 3rd floor, with a jaccuzi in the middle. The room was large and spacious, and nicely decorated. Only issue was it face the main street, and so was a little noisy at nights/early morning for those light sleepers. Hotel staff is great, speak English,and are very attentive to all our needs. Hotel even provided us 2 beers, 2 soft drinks (which we exchanged for water) as a welcome gesture.
The best part is that it is walking distance to the historic areas (Plaza des Armes, Cathedral, Govt palace, market etc etc. Also pleanty of nice restaurants around. So a very convenient place all around.
Only issue was the the AC and heating etc is controlled from the TV, which may have been good in its time, but a little archaic now. However, it worked fine, once the hotel staff showed us how to use it. So no issue
Definitely would use again and again

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, then ask for a room away from the main street, on a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Alikarim:

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and your visit to Guadalajara. We appreciate how you describe our hotel and the facilities we provided you, I'm sure other travelers will find it useful too. Thanks again for your preference and will be happy to see you soon.